Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Default Narrowing down..

So I had the I want a third dog convo with my mom today.. She seems to be okay with it.. She'd rather a cocker.. But she doesn't really know anything else..

So the list is American cockers, Mini poodles and Chinese cresteds..

I want the pretty breed standard.. but I want proven performance lines..

Sadly most are one or the other..

So cresteds.. The pretty I adore.. Jewel's and the AKC top invitational agility dogs.. which has a still down website CHINAROAD

American Cockers.. The pretty I love in colours I adore like roan.. but few performance titles and they didn't answer my emails (though they may have gone to spam and have an odd policy of not wanting people on their property I'm a little weird over). Aj Kennels Am Cocker Spaniels Then there's the top invitational dogs.. TellTail

And Mini poodles.. There's not much to pick from. I sadly like partis, but minis in any colour aren't doing much in performance. There's Songbird and not much else, at least not consistently. The invitational lumps all sizes together and standards dominate the list.. My fave breeder is local and has a sadly defunct line. Gone to the AAC Nationals an done well.. sadly her pick from her last litter was a one balled wonder, and it killed her line..

I'd like a pup 6-8 months down the road.. she won't have a new girl for years...

Anyone have kennels to add to my list?

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Are you looking just in Ontario? There is a great Mini breeder here. I have house sat her dogs and I love them. They do alot with their Standards. She co breeds and co owns with another lady and most of the mini's live with her, and she's a pro handler, so most of them only see the conformation ring. BUT she would be a great person to talk to about any of her mini's ending up in performance homes. Kandansk Standard & Miniature Poodles The temperament on their dogs is STELLER. Having house sat for them I really can not say enough.

Type wise (just a PERSONAL preference) I'm not a fan of theses but looks like they do other things besides Conformation Rosebell Kennels

Although not a performance breeder I do like their dogs New Page 1

I'm very partial to Parti Cockers myself

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Here is also a place you could try. Versatility In Poodles Awards Didnt look through it much but try it anyways.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-14-2011, 09:00 PM

None of the breeders on my lists are in Ontario..

I have a pretty but not drivey enough cocker.. Pretty or not, I'm not jumping on another cocker without serious performance titles.. I also can't do another black cocker. Smudge is too hot. Braewood wouldn't be on the radar, thank you though.

I like that Kandansk has serious health testing done. I want a proven performance prospect though.. Although any dog can be a crap shoot, I'd like the next one to be set up to succeed better. Nice that Rosebell has a good number of performance titles.. Hadn't heard of them.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:25 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I would email Kandansk and ask them. Talk to Kathy about it. She will be 100% honest with you. I know her Standards are amazing agility dogs. She may have had alot of mini's placed in pet profromance homes. Or she would point you in the right direction of a great breeder.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:16 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I dont know how far away you are looking for, but someone I know on a poodle forum has a dog from this breeder.

Home

He is extremely drivey! He had to go to a performance home, and is doing very well in his "career"! The lady was very pleased with the breeder, and would go back to her again. That is all I know of the breeder, but this dog is fantastic! She does minis and moyen/klien poodles (between a mini and standard).
Old 10-15-2011, 06:40 PM

That's good to hear Jenn. I'll put them on the list. (Not that I've picked a breed)..

I'm picky. I find things on breeder sites (not Kandansk) Other breeders that when I start really looking at their info that turn me off.

I'm not sure I'll ever narrow down a breed let alone a breeder...

TY Bigpoodleperson. it's nice to hear recommendations. The poodle club was kinda hit and miss with few mini breeders..

A crestie breeder messaged me. They have a litter that just whelped. Now is the wrong time, but they have performance lines.. know what personalities do better in sports. I thought cocker was the most likely and crestie the least.. but maybe not.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

You're pretty set on these breeds? If not, there are probably suitable breeds for you that you could more easily find what you are looking for than these breeds. What about English Cockers? There seems to be more of them "doing stuff" than American Cockers.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:09 PM

Pretty set.. I'm not a fan of English cockers. Though they are more rare here than American, and there aren't that many of them doing stuff either. There's all of three English I can think of off hand doing AAC agility.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
overdogged

Is Melissa Frye with Skyrocket Cockers still breeding? Her dogs are (were? It was years ago that I sort of knew her online) big into agility and she hunted them as well.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?