Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
~Lisa~

depends.

Solo could have a daily bath some weeks, and sometimes he gets bathed only once every 2 weeks. he is a dirty boy, and given the oppertunity to roll in dead fish, coyote poo, dead animals ect, he will. And he needs a bath after that. And since we offleash hike every day, he normally finds something out in the bush to roll in.

Blaze maybe once or twice a month. He is a much cleaner dog lol.

I let solo air dry, i towel him off best as possible.

For Blaze he normally comes in to work with me for a bath, so I use a HV dryer on him there. At home I have a HV dryer, but its a pain to go outside and use it, espeacially now that its getting colder out. Im sure my neighbors hate me for all the hair i blow around lol
Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

Whenever they get dirty, so every couple of months. Most of the time I can just let mud dry and brush it off.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Top Dog

A couple times a year, maybe? We've had Boo for four years now and I could probably count the number of full baths she's had on my 10 fingers.

Usually, if she's going to get a bath it's either before a big holiday or because she rolled in something.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

Never. They get to swim in the summer, but that's about it. No baths here. I hosed a dog off twice in my life. Once when she was a puppy and puked all over her crate when I was gone. and once when my other dog tangled with a skunk. OTherwise they never get a bath, they don't need it.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

Argon almost never gets bathed. He's incredibly prissy, and I swear he repells dirt. He's more like a cat (or a baby) then a dog.

Gambit...um, every three weeks or so. He's so rough and tumble at daycare and the dog park he ends up all filthy.

They both get a bath before the vet, though, and Argon gets his nails polished. Just so it looks like I take good care of them.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Morgan is another "as needed" dog, though he usually decides when he needs it before we do. He's the only dog I know of that will ask for a bath/shower if he feels icky. LOL! I guess it generally rounds out to once every couple of months.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 AM
love herds

As needed, but that varies from dog to dog. I LOVE Desoto's coat he gets a bath probably every 3 months or so. Dirt brushes of easily and he hates puddles and stinky things. Basically he gets one when he gets a little itchy or his white trim is getting a little discoloured. I let him air dry in the house.

Radar was averaging one a week since he was so filthy and had fleas when we brought him home. He goes a little longer now but his coat discolors easy. A small rough and tumble all white dog is a design flaw I think lol. He is always getting into something, ever smell a dog who has rolled in dead snake....its not pretty. So every couple weeks for him, longer in the winter I am hoping. I towel dry then let him air dry about 2/3 of the way and then blow dry for a nice finish.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 AM
BusterLove

Usually every 2-4 weeks but sometimes I stretch it longer if I'm lazy, every 2 weeks when I'm on top of it.
Buster can hold out longer than Quinn because he likes to be clean and she doesn't. Quinn also has a great love of rolling in poo and getting as filthy as possible, Buster ONLY like rolling in dead things.

Quinn also smells more "doggy" than Buster, Busters coat holds the smell of the shampoo for a couple of weeks if he doesn't get dirty, Quinn starts smelling like a dog after a few days.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

every 2-4 weeks. When we are on our frontline treatments they get them about 4-5 days before their new treatment each month. If they roll in something or get dirty then they will get one in between. During the winter they get them less
Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM
woof!

Every week, Pompadour is in show coat.