Ever lock your dog in your car??

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
So we lost Casey for a few hours yesturday, usually when we dont see him for a few hours its not a big deal because he is either hunting out in the field or out in his dog house sleeping and he does not leave our property.

Well Casey really, really love's cars, He just likes being in them. It does not matter if its not going anywhere he will just sit or sleep in the car. You can't leave a car door open because he will leap in.

Anyways I guess Casey snuck in my moms car when she got home and because he is so sneaky stealthy about jumping in cars my mom did not notice that he jumped in.

Usually when I get home Casey comes out of his dog house to greet me. Not this time. So when I got home I asked where Casey was and the answer was. "i dunno, probably in his Dog house" My mom went and called him and he did not come.

My brother comes from outside and say "umm mom Casey is in your car"

poor Casey was locked in my moms car for a few hours, luckly its cool outside, but I guarentee my mom is going to be double checking her car not to make sure Casey does not sneak into the car while she has her back turned.

Skivvies

Not a car, but when my mom was a kid she "lost" her neurotic miniature schnauzer, Pepper. They searched everywhere and couldn't find her. Then finally, someone went to the bathroom and she was there, stuck in the tub with the shower doors closed. Pepper had an obsession with the toilet brush, so they usually put it in the tub and closed the doors so she couldn't get to it. She was in the tub looking for it when someone closed the shower door without noticing her in there. Oops.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Not a dog, but we've done that with the cats a few times. LOL Typically the meowing coming from the garage cues us in.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Yeah, Suzie jumped in the car when we were taking out groceries, and someone closed the door, and we didn't notice for several hours. I was honestly getting panicked because once we did notice, we spent 15 minutes calling and searching for her.

She was sitting in the front seat with her sad little puppy eyes, I felt so bad lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Kaiden has got locked in vehicles before. He thinks its great and when you figure it out and let him out he is all 'oh hai' and nonchalantly hops out.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
No, but my dogs do love the car. When Violet bolted out the front door one day, all we had to do was jump in the car and drive to where she was (she had treed a cat O_O) and when she saw the car she ran full speed right into it. Thankfully it was us an not a stranger though, because I'm sure she wouldn't differentiate. Car = Trip to the park in her eyes, doesn't matter whose car.

We have accidentally locked Chloe in the garage before, and couldn't find her (we were panicking). Finally we figured out she was in the garage. She must've gone in there when someone went out for a coke or something, and got left out there. Poor baby. :(

Teal

...ice road...
I accidentally forgot Bukra was in the truck after being awake for almost 24 hours and driving half of it! He was in there all night LOL

My dogs all LOVE the truck, and being "stuck" in there wouldn't phase them... they're used to being left in there when I do errands, or overnight if I stay somewhere they can't come in. It's like a giant dog bed!

k9krazee

Yes! Kyra is just like Casey. She will stand at a car door and cry until she's let in. My dad likes to keep his truck door open for her in the summer time if he's working on something in the driveway.

There have been times though in the evening when we've unloaded groceries or something and she snuck in and we didn't find her for a few hours.

One time when I had three dogs, I got out of the car to change the wiper blades, really an easy job on that car, and I left the keys in there, not thinking that one of the dogs could hit the lock button on the door and lock me out, but that's exactly what happened. I got the one blade on and when I was just about done with the second one, Gus jumped up into the front seat and "click". I had to borrow a big screwdriver and a coat hanger to break into my own car.

The most embarrassing thing I ever did was soon after my mother sold her house and moved in with me, waiting to sell my house, so we could move back to Ohio. I was watching TV and she asked me to get something from the spare bedroom, which we used to store stuff that we didn't really use much. I went in, and came right out, and about a half hour later, we couldn't find the dogs. I thought they were outside (they had a baby pool to lay in, so heat wasn't a problem), and so did she, so we thought they had escaped. My Lab Joe was really good at it when he was young, and Blackie would go with him if he found a way out. I went out looking for them, panicky because it was like 114 degrees outside. I drove around for about an hour, and finally came back home to call a friend to help look around my neighborhood that had dozens of streets and hundreds of houses. He comes over and he and I took each side of the neighborhood and started driving around. I came back home after about an hour and a half to go to the bathroom, and when I pulled into the driveway, my mom opens the front door and Joe is looking out at me. They had gone into the spare bedroom, and gone to sleep, ignoring our calls, and just waiting in the near dark for us to come back in.
I had to go back out and find my friend, since this was long before cell phones and it was pretty embarrassing to tell him what had happened.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I haven't locked my dogs in the car though I almost forgot about Cricket one day and locked the door and.started to walk away before realizing she was still in the car.

Cats on the otherhand. I had a cat when I was a kid that turned up missing. We searched everywhere for her. She was gone for almost a week. Then my neighbor went to get something out of an old.car they have but don't use and guess who was in the car? My cat. She was freaked out, tired and hungry and thirsty but otherwise fine. We think that she must have just jumped in there when they were doing some work on the car or something.

When I had Goober and he was still a kitten I accidentally locked him in the fridge. He was obsessed about running to the fridge anytime you opened it. I opened it to get something, wasn't looking and he jumped up onto one of the shelves in the fridge. I wasn't looking when I closed the fridge door. A few minutes later I opened the fridge door to grab a drink. There sitting in the fridge was a little orange cat shivering. I felt so bad.

milos_mommy

Nope, but yes with our cat.

Actually, one time, my dad went to go to get fast food from a drive thru after we had gotten home from school when I was younger....on the way home he realized the cat was in the car.

Dogs6

Plus One
I've locked Fudge in the car before.

Once we were stopping To vist relatives after an obed class so I left him in their garden. After he jumped out he was left in the car for the rest of the visit.

another time was when a friend was visiting with her new puppy. Fudge was being a comple ahole and would not shut up when he was crated, leashed, shut out of the room or even out in the yard!! So I threw him into the car for half an hour. It was less stressful for us all and when I let him out he had calmed down enough to be lying Dow .

Members online

No members online now.