Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAshley View Post
Great minds think alike lol. The stubborn bit is a good point. I have seen them do formal obedience but I know Radar would do better at agility. Something where he gets to bounce around, climb and have general fun, where there is something in it for him. The Westies (and most terriers I have met) are all over the map as far how social they are. Radar and his westie buddy around the block tend to ignore other dogs until they know them and he is never the aggressor but will put a rude dog in its place, but I have met a couple who are DA.

Yah Teagan I dont think would enjoy obedience at all. She is a dog that needs to do somthing that she will get something out of it. She is a mover and a shaker and loved taking on physical obsticals. Heck I found her 6 feet in a spruce tree oneday trying to get at a squirrel.

Puppies are Teagans favorite because that means Teagan gets to correct them. And she LOVES correcting dogs. My past westie was pretty DR/DA to strange dogs

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm All Ears

Papillon.

Sheltie might work too but my vote is papillon. They're just the best dogs.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. I'm really likely the pap, poodle and sheltie suggestions. I know there is a thread currently going about shelties, so I'll have to have a read through of that.

I don't know much about Maltese, does anyone here own one or have experience with them?

As for the terriers - I love JRTs and the Westies sound like they could be very much my thing... I'm just not sure about the DA tendencies. I know I run that risk with virtually any dog...

Does anyone know the differences in temperament between mini poodles and toy poodles?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Top Dog

Sheltie and Westie both sound perfect. A small rescue dog might work well for you too. Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder
Old 10-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Top Dog

Papillon does sound like a good fit but a lot of Papillons (especially the girls it seems) have some degree of DR. Usually with Paps it's not really in an aggressive I want to kill you way though so I don't think it's terribly hard to deal with.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 AM
and Fozzie B!

Corgis!!!!!! xD the best mix of spunky and cuddly and adorable and clown.

I prefer toy Poodles to minis. But that's because we get a lot of minis at my hotel, and about 90% are hyper, loud and neurotic (think WEIRD habits, like eating plastic, throwing their food everywhere, jumping 15 feet in the air up your body barking, snappiness, etc). Most of the toys are cuddly, active but not high strung, and just sweet lap dogs.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie