Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 AM
orange iguanas.

Default Do you ever have days....

Where you just LOVE your dogs?

I don't know what it was today. But I just felt like Juno was the most awesomest dog ever. Even though 2 days ago she pulled all my Harry Potter movies off the bookshelf and nommed them. (Brat.)

I was just thinking that, in general, she's just a good dog. She brought me to tears many times when she was a puppy. Drove me freaking INSANE. I don't want to say it was "worth it" because that period absolutely sucked lol--but I am so, so happy with how she turned out, and she just continues to get better the more she matures.

I am bummed that my winter BC puppy plans did not work out, but I'm trying to just appreciate what I already have. So I had a sappy day today.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 AM
...ice road...

I do! There are days when I just stop and stare at my dogs, sort of like seeing them for the first time or like I haven't seen them in awhile... and really just think, "I really love these guys!" or one of them will do something that is unique to their personality and it makes me realize why I love each of them for who they are.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Felurian

It's kind of a daily thing, lol. I mean, seriously, with the people I have to spend my time around at the store, my family . . . it makes me appreciate them ALL the time.

Bimmer is perfect. He's quiet and steady and loving with that impish streak and always knows exactly what to say (literally, his vocalizations are the BEST and we have fascinating conversations). He is honest and intelligent and a weigher of souls and makes me a better person.

Tallulah can always make me laugh, and then she comes up and nose bumps me and crawls up in my lap and kiss-taps me on the mouth then sighs and throws her head up across my shoulder and gets as close to me as she possibly can, or gives me a jump-push and grabs my hand to take me where she wants me to go. She is purest joy, love and innocence incarnate and teaches me to live every breath.

And Kharma. Kharma is always, always There, like part of me, always listening expressively and speaking more with her knowing eyes than all the people I deal with put together. That consumate Fila bond, intertwined within each others' innermost soul, that is separate and unique from any other. Familiar, Fetch, Totem, "Patronus," to use a term that everyone knows, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Yeah, I do. Chloe's my heart, and I just don't really know what I'd do without her. When I look down at her big brown eyes, I'm just overwhelmed with how much I love this little dog. She's absolutely perfect, and I wouldn't trade her for anyone or anything. There are a lot of breeds I want to own in the furture, but if I could never have another dog, and just keep Chloe forever, I'd be more than satisfied with that.

With Violet it's a different feeling. Because a lot of days I'm just really frustrated with her, and think "WHY ME!?!?" lol! The way you describe Juno's puppyhood sounds identical to Violet. But there are times when I look at her and I see so much GOOD in her. She's so loving, and she wants to just be with someone all the time. She's such a HAPPY dog, and while she tends to be a very hard dog generally, you can see it in her eyes when she gets her feelings hurt, and I just hug her and snuggle her, because she's so cute and pathetic. XD She's not what I expected, but that's okay. She's her own dog. She couldn't be just like Holly, and I knew not to expect that, but I did anyway. Little things about her that ARE like Holly make me smile, but unexpectedly, all the things that are DIFFERENT from Holly also make me smile. She could never replace Holly, but she's left her own very defined little mark on my heart. I love her to death, and I see SUCH amazing potential in her to be such a great dog. She's sleeping by my feet right now, and she's just so effing CUTE! XD Plus, with her eyes closed, she looks exactly like Holly. <3

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

I think I look at Jackson every day and just smile. No, I KNOW I look at him every day and smile. And I'm pretty certain I have since the day I brought him home. Something just clicked between us from day one. And every morning when we wake up, and he's sprawled out next to me, I smile. His eyes are so brown and soft and kind and sometimes I love just having him stare at me... it's a pretty good feeling.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm All Ears

Oh gosh... every day?

I am so madly in love with Mia, it's almost ridiculous. She's such a brat, but her brattishness makes me laugh every day. She's so much fun, never a dull moment with her around. I love mostly how she puts her entire little 7 lb being into everything she does. I love how purposefully she follows me around, like she's on a mission. She's just all in all a very cool dog and I swear it must happen several times a day how I think about how lucky I am to own her.

butt by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

And then Summer is just so dear and sweet and easy, I feel very thankful for her too. She's so steadfast and is just pure love to everyone she meets.

DSC_0309 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr
Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Are you dead yet?

Yep.

I have been away from Eve for 3 days, and I miss her terribly. I miss her little snarks and quips when I talk or laugh. I miss her derpy face poking at me or throwing a ball into my lap. I miss her dorky cowlicks. I miss everything about her when she's not around. She really is a part of me and it's odd to be away from her.

I love my spastic little dog and the way I can stomp my feet really fast and have her imitate it. We call it "piston feet" and if you say "piston feet" to Eve, she starts stomping her front paws like a complete tard. It's glorious.

I get to see her this evening.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

All the time! There are some days they drive me nuts, but there are so many more days that I just look at them and am so happy that they're mine.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Days and moments of every day

Today though Watson is trying my patience by being a teenage basenji *sigh*

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Yes I do. Well Karma and Kenai anyway. Darla is on my **** list right now! LOL