Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Just try me..

Kaiden loves road hockey balls. They are about tennis ball sized but with no enamel wearing off fuzz. (and they bright orange)
Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 AM
<------RIP Superdog

Hmmm, interesting! What is it with tennis balls? Do you think its "us" that makes them love them, or is there something about the ball itself? Like its the most common ball we give, so therefor they love it the most? I dont get it!

"Also- "WHEN" you get your puppy? Is this in the works? "
Ummmmm, weeeelllllllllllllll, yes. I am in contact with a breeder, and will hopefully have a spring puppy!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpoodleperson View Post
Hmmm, interesting! What is it with tennis balls? Do you think its "us" that makes them love them, or is there something about the ball itself? Like its the most common ball we give, so therefor they love it the most? I dont get it!
In my dogs' case, I think it's just them. More often than not we play with rubber balls (be they Chuck-Its or those bright orange hockey balls), and have since all of them were puppies. I think mine just like that tennis balls are fuzzy and they can grip them better maybe. I'm not sure. I tried to stay away from tennis balls as much as possible, and still do, but every once in a while I use them when I can't find the other ones or just because I know how much they love them.

And that's very exciting! I hope it all works out. I look forward to hearing about your new pup!

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 10-05-2011, 01:23 AM
orange iguanas.

Juno will NOT play with a plain tennis ball. But if it's on a rope, then it's a pretty sweet toy in her eyes.

She also loves her Kong Wubba.

She's pretty much a fan of retrieving anything that's thrown. Sticks, stuffed animals, Nylabones, Kongs.... anything except a tennis ball!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Top Dog

Any kind of fuzzy, squeaky ball or squeaky soft toy. Nia doesn't like plasticky balls.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:23 AM
overdogged

Another vote for Chuck-It balls on land and Wubbas in the water. Though in truth, usually we use a tennis ball in the water because they're cheap and I don't care if we lose them in the creek

YAY PUPPY!!
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Top Dog

Heads up on tennis balls guys- I recently learned that the dye in "real" tennins balls is a carcinogin (sp?) when ingested. The ones made for dogs has a safe dye. Tractor Supply has some pretty awesome ones- unlike the ones I bought in the local pet supply store, the rubber inside the ones from TSC don't break when they hit the ground. The squeaker in the Kong ones fill with water then don't squeak anymore. Like the ones from Kong, the TSC ones come in different sizes.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Lola's the only one of mine that retrieves, and she loves her Chuckit Surfboard the most. It's also the most awkward to throw and for her to carry, but Lola feels like that just adds to the magic.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Tucker's favorite toys to fetch are indeed tennis balls, but they have to be Tucker sized (Small) and squeaky. I got non-squeaky ones last time and I felt so bad as he was running back with it and I saw his jaw muscles twitching as they tried to compress the ball and failed. He was sad and confused lol. Even once he kills the squeaker he likes that the balls squish when he bites them and will do it the whole time it's in his mouth.

However he also likes fetching his kong because tennis balls with their predictable movement can be boring.

This thing was fun to fetch for the same reason (bounces all over the place) and could also be tugged and chewed...but it died quickly when he chewed it to little pieces.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

The only thing that goes through Kenai's mind is "BALL?". Karma likes whatever he likes. And Darla is just a heel nipper.