Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
IME the really birdy labs don't take much to get turned on to OMG BIRD!! IT's a BIRRRDD!! STOP THE CAR I WANT THE BIRDD!!! WHERE'S YOUR GUN?! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THAT GUN? IT'S A BIRD!!! I'M A DOG!

Then add in the dirty look the dog gives you in the blind if you ever shoot and miss.
Hey I know a fair number of people who actually bring a couple birds or bumpers along when dove hunting, because with dove hunting there are a LOT of misses and their dogs get down right p***** off after enough misses in a row...lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
IME the really birdy labs don't take much to get turned on to OMG BIRD!! IT's a BIRRRDD!! STOP THE CAR I WANT THE BIRDD!!! WHERE'S YOUR GUN?! WHY DON'T YOU HAVE THAT GUN? IT'S A BIRD!!! I'M A DOG!

Then add in the dirty look the dog gives you in the blind if you ever shoot and miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Hey I know a fair number of people who actually bring a couple birds or bumpers along when dove hunting, because with dove hunting there are a LOT of misses and their dogs get down right p***** off after enough misses in a row...lol
LMFAO. I just snorted my drink. It hurt.

That is Enzo, prefectly, btw.

She didn't used to care about birds. Then she caught one.

To be fair, it was probably a rather stupid bird, as she was running through a field and it sort of flew into her mouth. I think it was surprise that made her bite down on it, but it was a little thing and it died, and now she watches all birds very carefully, just in case another one wants to fly into her mouth.

She'll be ready for it, lol
Old 10-16-2011, 12:41 AM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
To be fair, it was probably a rather stupid bird, as she was running through a field and it sort of flew into her mouth. I think it was surprise that made her bite down on it, but it was a little thing and it died, and now she watches all birds very carefully, just in case another one wants to fly into her mouth.
I'm pretty sure that's what Willow is dreaming about when she sleep runs, barks, and full body twitches, stupid birds which fly into her mouth. Just like I'm sure Jacks dream of catching the goddamn Squirrels which mock them just outside of the sliding glass door.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's what Willow is dreaming about when she sleep runs, barks, and full body twitches, stupid birds which fly into her mouth. Just like I'm sure Jacks dream of catching the goddamn Squirrels which mock them just outside of the sliding glass door.

Omg, ^ that's hysterical! I know several birds which would fly in to walls, and buildings...so it's plausible that they could fly into her mouth, lmfao

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Kotah BEAR

A guy I grew up with, and also worked with TJ, has 2 huskies, a husky mix puppy, a pit mix, and a beagle.
They also have 4 geese, about 10 genies, and 2 chickens. None of their dogs mess the birds. And they have adopted all the dogs in the last 2 years except the Pix mix, and he is only 8 months old. The pittie was raised not to mess with the birds and the others were taught not to.
Their white Husky will kind of stalk the geese, but she has never actually went after one.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
They also have 4 geese, about 10 genies, and 2 chickens.
I want a genie...I'd give him a nice roomy lamp and everything.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13