Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I'd like to know how the dog died.

I've certainly left pets (cats, rabbits, livestock) for a couple days without checking on them. Gave them multiple water bowls with rocks in them etc.

According to another article she left the dog with 4 bowls of water, set the thermostat at 80 and pointed a fan at his bed. According to her someone must have mucked with the AC.

How was the dog neglected? Do they have proof it didn't have sufficient water? Do they have proof it overheated due to lack of ventilation or whatever?

Now I'm not sure why she chose 80 degrees (pretty warm!) or what the shop looked like (big windows etc) but if the dog died of heatstroke, which seems most likely, it was still an accident. She already feels terrible. She's not going to do it again. And the dog might have died of something totally unrelated. No one knows.

People make mistakes and misjudgments with all kinds of animals all the time, people on this forum have, sometimes the animal dies as a result. That's life.

Personally I think it's somewhat asinine to charge her.

I'm guessing that the judge and the jury had more info than we did from what was reported in the media.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM
and Spy.

I really want to know who it is..... I noticed Mandy posted a results thread recently and went ah hah!.... Until I realized she doesn't have an akita, she doesn't have 5 dogs and she probably wouldn't post an article like this if it was about herself......

Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
I really want to know who it is..... I noticed Mandy posted a results thread recently and went ah hah!.... Until I realized she doesn't have an akita, she doesn't have 5 dogs and she probably wouldn't post an article like this if it was about herself......

Derp.

I don't think this person has 5 dogs, either. There were pics of 6 dogs posted today, and we've seen pics of lots more. Were they all placed?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post

Derp.
Mandy totally would. It would SO be like her to post the article to try and divert the attention from her... (Mandy is also in Canada lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I don't think this person has 5 dogs, either. There were pics of 6 dogs posted today, and we've seen pics of lots more. Were they all placed?
There is much more than 6 dogs.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I'm guessing that the judge and the jury had more info than we did from what was reported in the media.
Yes you're quite right. I had originally put "Based on that I think it's asinine to charge her" but I somehow deleted the first part.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Just try me..

I can't imagine leaving dogs alone for a weekend in a kennel run with lots of water etc. Horses I will leave over night, anymore and I get someone to check on them and phone if anything is up.

But if this is person I think it is they post pic thread after pic thread of their dogs, but never seem interested in anyone else's dogs. That to me shows what sort of a person someone is. If you join a forum of dog lovers, but all you care about is bragging about your dogs, then to me (JMO) you aren't a dog lover.

Don't get me wrong, I love to brag with t he best of them, but I also love hearing about and seeing everyone else's dogs and show that by participating in other people's threads.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Yes you're quite right. I had originally put "Based on that I think it's asinine to charge her" but I somehow deleted the first part.
If she was up here, she would NOT have her other dogs, and would be fined.(There was a recent-ish case similar)

They are seriously cracking down on animal abuse.

Leaving cats and livestock is completely different than leaving a dog, in Florida weather, alone. Even IF the A/C was set to 80, it would be too hot for an Akita. Heck, We have the A/C set to 72 up here and Rosey still finds it warm, and she is not NEARLY as coated as an akita is.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Animals fail fast, leaving them for several days is not okay just because none have died yet.

Is it a money issue? Can people not afford pet sitters? Maybe they should cut down the number of animals they have to feed as a money saving effort?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Leaving cats and livestock is completely different than leaving a dog, in Florida weather, alone. Even IF the A/C was set to 80, it would be too hot for an Akita. Heck, We have the A/C set to 72 up here and Rosey still finds it warm, and she is not NEARLY as coated as an akita is.
Yes I can't see myself leaving a dog either, it's nasty for one, just leaving it to crap all over the floor. But I don't think it's completely different. I guess my thoughts were if this was someone who made adequate provisions (ie left lots of water though I see now this article says two small bowls?!) and thought it would be fine, and was devastated that their dog died, I don't think they should be charged, especially if we don't know what the dog actually died of.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

It's hard to believethat dogs are left weeks or months without food or water in abamdoned houses and survive. But this dog was left 2 days??? Wow.

Fleetwood Mes Yeux Vigilant CGCA RE TDCH TDI and Shed Antler Dog!