Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

I see no one has asked, but what are you feeding her?

I 3rd the vet's best hot spot spray, works great, but it won't get rid of the underlying condition.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

She's eating Kirkland which is pretty much Diamond Naturals chicken and rice formula.

I'm definitely willing to switch foods if it's food related. Here's the picture I posted when I started this thread

And here is what it looks like now. The red is darker and its shifted a bit. There's also some gray bruising around her nipples as well and she feels a little lumpy when you push around the area. She still doesn't seem to be in any pain but I really just feel better having it seen by a vet. I called around to vets this morning to get exam prices and Josh said we can go over our finances when he gets home because she needs to be seen.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Those pics look like bruises. You sure she hasn't walloped herself when playing? Bodhi plays hard and often carries scratches and bruises?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

kirkland isn't a bad food, altho it's possible she could have a chicken allergy. however, I kinda agree with Dizzy, they look like bruising, I know mine sometimes after rough racing around thru the woods will come home with a few bruise type things on her belly..

Just to be safe, I would have a vet check her out..good luck with her
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
kirkland isn't a bad food, altho it's possible she could have a chicken allergy. however, I kinda agree with Dizzy, they look like bruising, I know mine sometimes after rough racing around thru the woods will come home with a few bruise type things on her belly..

Just to be safe, I would have a vet check her out..good luck with her
It's definitely possible she's developed an allergy to chicken, rice, or whatever. But that wouldn't cause bruises.

You're certain she hasn't gotten into any rat/mouse poison, aspirin, coumadin, etc? That can cause unexplained bruising. However by this point they'd *usually* show some other signs, too, like bleeding out and death.