Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Active Pup

just got up to sort out feeds the breeding that we know of in her so the breeds that are documented on her microchipping info from when she was a pup are Australian red cattle and bearded collie and as for ther father/s we dont know she is 7 years old so she isnt a spring chicken but she is lovely i would like to see if the shelter would allow me to apply to keep her once the puppies are old enough to go to the shelter except their general policy on foster carers is that they cant keep the dogs im still going to ask though as we have struck a bond up over the last 2 weeks and she is very trusting of me now where as when she first came to the shelter she would bite and growl and snap at everyone so she has shown a massive improvement over the last couple of weeks

ive worked out a schedule and system with the pups i have gotten different coloured bits of thick plastic and have put it around each pups back leg and have each puppies colour written on a chart its kinda like a hospital band mumma doesnt mind it and its working for this feed so ill keep it up as long as it works if it doesnt work ill try the nail polish unfortunetly it means ill be up every couple of hours for about an hour but i called the shelter where i worked to let them know how many puppies she had and they have given me 8 weeks payed leave so once the puppies are 8 weeks they will go to the shelter spend 2 weeks in quarantine there and then be allowed up for adoption so it wont matter if im missing sleep ill just nap when mum does
Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Taco Dog

How is everything goin? How are babies and mama?

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 11-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Active Pup

mumma dog is doing great and so are bubs she couldnt handle feeding them all and the vet advised against it incase she developed mastitis so we picked the strongest and healthiest 5 out of the litter and they are now being bottle fed none have died and it looks good they are all gaining the right amount of weight i wouldve posted pics but the only place i have been is the vets because i am just to tired to go anywhere else and mumma and bubs cant be left for more than 1/2 hour

as soon as mum and pups can be a little more independent i will post some pics thanxs to everyone who helped me thru this and i know mumma dog is thanking you to
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Love my pets

Congrats! I'm so happy to hear mumma dog and bubs are doing so well. Wow, 13 little ones. They must be so cute! I hope you'll be able to get some rest during the day.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 AM
BlackDog

Pictures Pictures!!! Show us some pictures of the cute little wigglers!