Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
This thread makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Moderators,

WHY exactly is this thread still open? It seems it has gotten to the bottom of the initial issue, so it needs to be closed. Wasn't that the reason for leaving it open? To wait until "proof" was found so that it could be publicly announced and make everyone aware. That purpose has been fulfilled, and the last ten pages are just garbage and trashing of someone personally. The members here seem to get a huge kick out of the drama and it's pathetic. Like flies to a hunk of rotting meat.

This thread went from "Oh I'm sure it wasn't intentional" and "I'm sure Teal is a great person" to "She starved the dog on purpose, she's an animal abuser" and "Let's try to get her other dogs taken away, she probably abuses them too!". You're all getting each other worked up like a savage mob. Going from docile to murderous in a minute.

Her other dogs are none of anyone's business. Bukra, for example, has been seen by his breeder on many occasions. I don't think his BREEDER has an issue with his weight, so get off your "I'm an expert on Saluki's and I think he's too thin" high horse...his breeder doesn't have an issue with how he is kept. That's the person that matters, correct?

Also, many of you are griping about how Tahlz and I can't be sure of her dogs condition because we have never seen her in person... Well neither have many (any?) of you. You have just as much proof to stand on as we do. You are some people on an Internet forum. You're not detectives, you have Google.

Many people have asked for an explanation for what Teal thinks happened...she gave you one. She said the dog left her care in good shape and she doesn't know what happened after that. You think Teal is a liar? That's fine. You think she did this to the dog? That's fine, too. Say your piece and leave. But to linger around in this thread, continuing to bash her is barbaric and childish. It's no wonder she won't come back... I completely understand. This thread has taken on a mob mentality and I doubt anything she says or anything she brings to the table will even be considered. We are running off of word of mouth and off of photos on the Internet... Wow, what proof we all have! Sounds definite!

Go ahead and pick this apart. Quote the part that enraged you and attack it...go for it. I have given my piece on what I think MAY have happened... Either way, I truly hope the moderators close this thread. It has served it's purpose and it just degrading itself into a downward spiral of bashing and condescending observations. Please, not only for the sake of Teal, but for the sake of the way this thread is making this forum LOOK, close it.
Did you not see the past couple of pages where we were having a nice, educational, civil discussion about the musculature of sight hounds that had nothing to do with Bukra's weight? If anything, that part is in her favor.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Mine too, but I think for vastly different reasons.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Felurian

Maybe it's still open because the discussion has moved on (threadjacking is recognized as a sport here) and you're the only one who keeps dragging Teal back into it?

We don't always do things here the same way they're done on other forums.

Honestly, stop and think about what you're doing, Barbara. With a friend doing this, does she need any enemies?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Looks like we both agree on something However, I feel sick to my stomach by seeing and reading about how emaciated that puppy was.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
But to linger around in this thread, continuing to bash her is barbaric and childish.
Well I consider starving a puppy a bit more barbaric and childish than this thread. No doubt being ostracized from an internet forum is a little less painful than starving.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM
and Spy.

I am actually really enjoying where the discussion is going, the stuff about sighthound musculature is incredibly interesting. Plus, we don't close threads on chaz unless the posters involved are breaking rules and ignoring mod warnings... No rules are being broken here and lots of interesting info is being shared.

If you don't like reading it, you don't have to click on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Many people have asked for an explanation for what Teal thinks happened...she gave you one. She said the dog left her care in good shape and she doesn't know what happened after that. You think Teal is a liar? That's fine. You think she did this to the dog? That's fine, too. Say your piece and leave. But to linger around in this thread, continuing to bash her is barbaric and childish. It's no wonder she won't come back... I completely understand. This thread has taken on a mob mentality and I doubt anything she says or anything she brings to the table will even be considered. We are running off of word of mouth and off of photos on the Internet... Wow, what proof we all have! Sounds definite!
Answer me this: If Teal did not lie at all in this thread, not once, like you seem to think.... how did she have pictures and post them 10 days before said pictures were taken on another forum?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Felurian

Really, Barbara, you're the one who keeps bringing Teal back to the forefront of the attention of this thread.

If I were Teal, I'd be questioning WHY . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post

We don't always do things here the same way they're done on other forums.
I love this forum.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Moderators,

WHY exactly is this thread still open? It seems it has gotten to the bottom of the initial issue, so it needs to be closed. Wasn't that the reason for leaving it open? To wait until "proof" was found so that it could be publicly announced and make everyone aware. That purpose has been fulfilled, and the last ten pages are just garbage and trashing of someone personally. The members here seem to get a huge kick out of the drama and it's pathetic. Like flies to a hunk of rotting meat.

This thread went from "Oh I'm sure it wasn't intentional" and "I'm sure Teal is a great person" to "She starved the dog on purpose, she's an animal abuser" and "Let's try to get her other dogs taken away, she probably abuses them too!". You're all getting each other worked up like a savage mob. Going from docile to murderous in a minute.

Her other dogs are none of anyone's business. Bukra, for example, has been seen by his breeder on many occasions. I don't think his BREEDER has an issue with his weight, so get off your "I'm an expert on Saluki's and I think he's too thin" high horse...his breeder doesn't have an issue with how he is kept. That's the person that matters, correct?

Also, many of you are griping about how Tahlz and I can't be sure of her dogs condition because we have never seen her in person... Well neither have many (any?) of you. You have just as much proof to stand on as we do. You are some people on an Internet forum. You're not detectives, you have Google.

Go ahead and pick this apart. Quote the part that enraged you and attack it...go for it. I have given my piece on what I think MAY have happened... Either way, I truly hope the moderators close this thread. It has served it's purpose and it just degrading itself into a downward spiral of bashing and condescending observations. Please, not only for the sake of Teal, but for the sake of the way this thread is making this forum LOOK, close it.
Great post.

That is a great point, Bukra's breeder see's Bukra quite often at times.