Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I wonder what the statute of limitations is...could criminal charges be pressed if the breeder was willing?
I just looked it up and in california it is 4 years for animal cruelty.

Edited: Ok maybe it's just one year... Everything I'm finding conflicting with each other.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. .
This may be one of the saddest things I've read...
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.
That is REVOLTING to even say that.

The guy who hoarded the 80+ dogs on a bus and trailer both loose and in cages, hungry and covered in their own feces had no previous offenses. My dog thankfully was spared that as she was born after the seizure by authorities, but DOZENS upon dozens were not.

Do more dogs deserve to endure this?!? And this is one of the less horrifying pics...

The caption this dog's owner put on this pic explains that she still is not comfortable having anyone near her and they just kinda feed her and let her come and go as she pleases. That kind of severe psychological damage from animal abuse is, to me at least, horrifying.

And I get to spend the next 10-12yrs wanting to punch that abuser that hoarded and allowed those dogs to breed every single time my dog cringes for no reason other than her poor genetics. She is one of the sweetest dog's I know, but she has to live with this HORRIBLE monkey on her back for life all because someone had a mental problem and abused some dogs.

So no, a first time offense for something as serious as starving an innocent baby animal for NO GOOD REASON should not be taken lightly NOR excused as well oops just don't get caught again! It is disgusting to me that anyone would suggest otherwise. Its not fair for innocent animals bodies and psyches to be destroyed by selfish individuals who refuse to seek professional help for their problems.

At least three of the other dogs have looked unhealthfully thin to me at various points in time. And I love seeing lean, athletic dogs, but there is a huge difference between in good shape and going over the line. This isn't the first time and I'm afraid it won't be the last.

Are we done here? I think this needs closed. We have the facts and word is being spread. Like Adrianne said, its good to know when to take things for what they are and move on.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
seriously? THis whole thing makes me sad too. IF you abuse an animal you shouldn't have the right to ever own one again. Ever never in my most heartfelt opinion. WOW I can't believe you wrote that. Starvation is cruel, a slow and deliberate form of torture.
I agree with you Smkie. I equal animal abuse/neglect to child abuse/neglect. Here in this state if the state takes your child from you for abuse/neglect then any children you have after that and sometimes older ones are also removed. Because in the states eyes you are not fit to have 1 child and if you have abused and neglected one you can do it to other children. I feel the same should be with pets.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I didn't mean ALL first offences should be allowed to own dogs again but I believe some are able to. Probably should have worded that right even though I'm sure none of you agree with that ether.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Not all animal abuse/neglect offenses should mean you shouldn't own pets... If you are my friend these rules shouldn't apply

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

the "breeders" that my two rescues were from that were reported & their dogs seized (puppy mills) they were also young pups, seized with their mothers but you'd think they lived their whole lives in that mill by the way they acted, reactive, afraid, genetic probs, the dobe i had (lady) died of cancer at 10. the shepherd (Clarice) i lost at 12 due to displasia.

so no, even a stable foster home life somtimes cant erase poor treatment. Buddy still has some abandoment issued frombeing dumped along some road & from his stent in the shelter before cattle dog rescue pulled him. I just hope this puop can rebound from his abuse... poor guy.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
I have always thought her sighthound, Bukra looked too skinny. Not sure if that's just me, though. And, this whole situation is very sad and disappointing.
When I first saw this thread, I initially thought that was the dog in question, because of pictures posted earlier in the thread and not knowing just what a Fila was. The sighthound in the picture definitely was on the skinny side.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Not all animal abuse/neglect offenses should mean you shouldn't own pets... If you are my friend these rules shouldn't apply
Yea exactly. Because I just KNOW that YOU won't do it again.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

I'm not claiming to know anything about Saluki's but the ones claiming he is on the 'skinny' side, do you know anything about the working Saluki? And how fit they need to be for what Teal does with him?