Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Puppy Dog

I've been trying to stay out of this but............. after wading thru allllllllll of these pages, I just have to confirm that this 'revolving door' pattern with Jairi has been obvious for years on all of the forums. And Barbara and Tahlz, you (among a few others) are on my ignore list on several forums.... until you 'girls' get a little older and more experienced, I may start listening to you then.... I do understand how quickly weight can change but IMHO puppies should be chubby/healthy weight until like 5-6 months of age and then you can start streamlining them... There is still likely more to this story than is coming out but pix are sure hard to argue with!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Okay, let's just leave the petty personal attacks out of this...

TahlzK, maybe you're not understanding the reasoning here. We both agree that Fila was in terrible shape. Why did that happen? And if it can happen to one, what's to stop it from happening to another? So, yeah. I think the breeders should be made aware of the situation and be allowed to check the conditions of the dogs.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Twin 2

The thing is I don't think her other dogs look fine and healthy. There have been many pictures that have made me uncomfortable with their condition. Right on the edge of saying something.

There are also dogs that don't get pictured for lengths of time.

I do believe the Fila shows that she is capable of letting one of the dogs on her care get to that extreme example of neglect and therefore would more than likely be able to do it with her other dogs
Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
This just makes me sad
Dianna said anyone could contact her and talk directly with her about it.
Quote:
TahlzK, maybe you're not understanding the reasoning here. We both agree that Fila was in terrible shape. Why did that happen? And if it can happen to one, what's to stop it from happening to another? So, yeah. I think the breeders should be made aware of the situation and be allowed to check the conditions of the dogs.
WBBs BleauChrome Lady of TheCopa-CGC STARR Naughty RockStar
The BlackChrome Executioner VonMarionHaus-Puppy Terrorist
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.
How many times should it have to happen before it's a pattern instead of a one time occurrence? And how do the previous "revolving door" dogs not show a pattern instead of a one time occurrence?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Dianna said anyone could contact her and talk directly with her about it.
No, I don't need to do that. I just meant, this whole thread is sad.

Putting our past "issues" aside, I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in your shoes.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
No, I don't need to do that. I just meant, this whole thread is sad.

Putting our past "issues" aside, I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if I was in your shoes.
Thank you. I am a dog lover first and foremost, hell I am a groomer, you HAVE to love dogs to do that! But that said, I don't want to see this happen to another dog ever in her care. If it does, it will not be because I didn't get the information out there.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Are you proud of yourself RC? Destroying any reputation Teal had?

Her current dogs should stay where they are, they are healthy, they are worked with, they get tons of attention and love. She adores those dogs.
Quote:
So very sorry I don't have a issue with leaving my dog alone for a few hours if I need to make a trip somewhere, while they are being taken care of for some one else.
I hope if you really are visiting you set up real care for your dogs and not the joke you left then with last time.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
How many times should it have to happen before it's a pattern instead of a one time occurrence? And how do the previous "revolving door" dogs not show a pattern instead of a one time occurrence?
Exactly.

Starvation is a slow, painful, horrible way to suffer. I don't see how you CAN'T be concerned for any other dog....or living creature....in her care
Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyPuppy View Post
I do understand how quickly weight can change but IMHO puppies should be chubby/healthy weight until like 5-6 months of age and then you can start streamlining them...
For what it's worth I disagree with this. I would never keep an active large breed puppy "chubby" at 4, 5, 6 months of age...and honestly it can be difficult to get them chubby even if you try. I know my FCR was thin at that age and she was eating 5 cups a day...but she was happy and healthy and maintained age-appropriate muscling so I wasn't worried about it and staying lean kept her own body from doing damage to growing joints as she zoomed and bounced her way through life. Her half-sister (now 4.5 months) is much the same and eating 4.5 cups of food per day.

However this is all beside the point of this thread. That puppy was, in the opinion of veterinary professionals as well as dog-savvy folks, dangerously emaciated. Very different scenario.

However you are a hardy soul for wading through all these pages!!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 10-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.