Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
So you don't consider the fila an abuse case?
The dog is in bad shape, I wasn't saying it isn't a abuse case.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Jairi made this thread specifically as a cover for whatever she was planning to do with Bullseye. She never contacted Dianna to come get him. Here is Dianna's e-mail to me confirming this.

I feel like throwing up and punching something. She lied to us. She lied to everyone. She knew what she did was wrong and lied to cover it up. No matter how sick she is, she knew it was wrong. And I'm willing to bet he isn't her first victim. I just hope he's the last.
The bolded part: Here's the thing...imo, which I'll get to more in the following parts. She knew it was wrong in the sense that other people view it as wrong...so it must be wrong. My guess is though, that she didn't feel it. She knew it on an intellectual level and wanted to defend herself so she wouldn't get flack... or she wouldn't have tried to cover it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal
He will not leave my sight. He will not let ME leave his sight, without pitching a fit. To sum it up on one word - this dog is obsessed. When I say that he is soft, I mean that if I even look at him wrong, he falls over himself, half-rolling over and half trying to keep eye contact with the tip of his tail wagging... begging for forgiveness for something he didn't even do. When I try to train him, he just falls into me and stares at me with lovey eyes. When I try to move, he leans into more. I should video it... I have NEVER met a dog like this in my life. And honestly - I don't know what the hell to do with it. No matter HOW I act to him, he does the same thing - falling over himself and me, staring at me like a lovestruck puppy... which I guess he is.
Quote:
Going through this thread, and reading ALL posts from the start so I have a better idea of what's going on, and I just have to say THIS part kills me. How she can be so cold and incompassionate to a puppy that just wanted love. It sounds to me like he had the grounds for being a very devoted, loyal dog if the effort would have just been put in.
Yes, lots of puppies from all kinds of breeds start out that way. As they mature, they develop confidence and just figure out where they're going. (so to speak) This is a puppy thing...absolutely not necessarily an indication of how they're going to be when mature. I had a GSD that was just like that as a baby. He was just flat out silly that way, falling all over on his back. He grew up and was a very confident, not a bit shy, devoted protector. Yes, he did display on a couple of occasions very good protection drive...in real life! lol. (another story)

How someone can be that cold and in-compassionate to reject a puppy's plead for love and affection, Although I am not a psychologist or anything...... I suspect the answer is some kind of personality disorder.There are a few of those where empathy is absent and when that is the case, they can not recognize another's suffering or put themselves into another's shoes. AT ALL. It's very hard to relate to or picture when you aren't missing that essential human factor.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
You can clearly tell her dogs are well fed, so I can see no abuse there. I'm sure they are healthy with everything they get up to.

You can't say these dogs are 'abused' without proof. I do believe they are just fine.
At the very least, I believe the breeders of her current dogs have the right to know the condition Teal put Bullseye in so that they can go check on the others in person if they want.

ETA: you also believed the fila was "just fine" until recently and was basing that on her photos as well. Just pointing that out.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
You can clearly tell her dogs are well fed, so I can see no abuse there. I'm sure they are healthy with everything they get up to.

You can't say these dogs are 'abused' without proof. I do believe they are just fine.
And see tons of proof.

Its funny, the ones who are defending her are the ones that happily leave dogs alone for 48 hours, and admit to smacking their dogs around. I think that's where the issue is.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
So you don't believe the fila was abused?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Tahlzk, so you think it's okay to abuse or neglect one dog if one's other dogs are okay for now? Like...one out of 5 ain't bad. No, that's skewed thinking. One neglected, starved dog is ONE TOO MANY!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
And see tons of proof.

Its funny, the ones who are defending her are the ones that happily leave dogs alone for 48 hours, and admit to smacking their dogs around. I think that's where the issue is.
So very sorry I don't have a issue with leaving my dog alone for a few hours if I need to make a trip somewhere, while they are being taken care of for some one else.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

This just makes me sad
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Tahlzk, so you think it's okay to abuse or neglect one dog if one's other dogs are okay for now? Like...one out of 5 ain't bad. No, that's skewed thinking. One neglected, starved dog is ONE TOO MANY!
No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Tahlia- I did not ruin anything for her. I passed information along. True verifiable information not heresay and drama. Hardcore evidence. I DID notify each and every dog's breeder if there was one. They can do what they wish with the information but at least they have it. When/If something happens to their dogs in her care, they can't say they weren't warned. They have been thoroughly warned. They are informed of the situation now.

BTW- I am STILL waiting for that PM from you.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.