Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
As somebody else mentioned a while ago, it sounds like somebody/the breeder tried to report the conditions, but it was made difficult since she reported after the dog was treated and off Teals property

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As somebody else mentioned a while ago, it sounds like somebody/the breeder tried to report the conditions, but it was made difficult since she reported after the dog was treated and off Teals property
Oh, I see. I must have missed that or forgotten. So, they won't look into any abuse, which is a crime after the fact. Hmmmm. That's still a crime. Other crimes are investigated after they happen.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM
MyHorseMyRules

From the comments made, I would guess they were having a hard time proving anything once the dog was already removed from the premises.

They should have had a crack team of Chaz investigators working on it.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Chihuahua Power!

That picture was taken on August 10th... she saved it in her photobucket account as 081011rc01.jpg.

So 19 days went by between the time that photo was taken and the dog was picked up by Dianna.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHorseMyRules View Post
From the comments made, I would guess they were having a hard time proving anything once the dog was already removed from the premises.

They should have had a crack team of Chaz investigators working on it.
That's what I though too since she mention if it happened again calling ac while still on premise.

But yeah this was about what I expected. The good news is at least we know the puppy got a happy ending with a family who understands and loves him.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
That's what I though too since she mention if it happened again calling ac while still on premise.

But yeah this was about what I expected. The good news is at least we know the puppy got a happy ending with a family who understands and loves him.
I kinda figured too that if she was trying to convince the authorities to pursue animal cruelty/neglect charges against Teal that she wouldn't want to just lay all her evidence out on the table. A lot of dogs end up in rescues looking like he did anyway (just look at Joey's condition when Amber first got him) and charges aren't pressed even though there is clear neglect.

I do know of one borzoi breeder that repo'ed a puppy that was kept on a chain and was in similar condition, only with open infected sores all over her hips. She took the dog home. The authorities weren't interested in pressing charges so she took the abuser to civil court and won a $10,000 judgement against them. She never put it up publicly on her website or anything, but if you ask her about it she'll readily talk about it.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Am I the only one who would like to hear from Teal? Even if its just admission of guilt? You know... first step is admitting you have a problem type thing?
And honestly, there could be an explanation that hasn't occured to any of us because we're so blinded by anger (understandably) at seeing the pup in that condition.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Am I the only one who would like to hear from Teal? Even if its just admission of guilt? You know... first step is admitting you have a problem type thing?
And honestly, there could be an explanation that hasn't occured to any of us because we're so blinded by anger (understandably) at seeing the pup in that condition.
I'll be honest, I would like that. Whether it's helpful or not I would like to hear an explanation.

And a little less constructive I would like to hear what her supporters and defenders think. Did this convince them?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Yeah. Unfortunately, not expecting her to come back after all this. It would be nice for there to be an acknowledgement that something went wrong. I hope for her and her dogs' sake that she doesn't get any more until whatever caused this to happen (and the pattern of disappearing dogs behind this one) is addressed and resolved. Unless she admits it (to herself at the very least) that change won't be happening.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
I'd love to hear from her as well. I guess I just really want some closure to this... I want to know what went wrong and how it all happened.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep