Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Actually it is the reason I have trouble believing it was her doing, when I look at the pit bulls. Therefore it is relevant.

However, I do agree, I've often thought the sight hound takes it to an unhealthy level of bone. It's possible she (and gonzo) have a perverse opinion of healthy weight. One that a vet and most would likely disagree with. As said, there is muscly lean and there is unhealthfully skinny.
How is our opinion perverse just because you disagree with it? I love her dogs weight. I personally strive towards it myself. She goes to shows and sporting events and wins... If her dogs were too skinny, I'm sure someone there would have told her about it. However, she gets compliments on the health of her dogs and their weights...

Soooo.... Yeah.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
How is our opinion perverse just because you disagree with it? I love her dogs weight. I personally strive towards it myself. She goes to shows and sporting events and wins... If her dogs were too skinny, I'm sure someone there would have told her about it. However, she gets compliments on the health of her dogs and their weights...

Soooo.... Yeah.
So you think it's healthy to see vertebra on a dog? To see every single rib?

Hm. Yeah, most of us definitely disagree. And so did the vets, and the breeder of this dog.

And even if she DOES think sighthounds should look like that, it's no excuse to put the Fila in the same weight.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
So you don't say things like "Its hard to provide it basic care" or "it is not an easy animal to live with" while talking about YOUR dog where you know its name and gender? Never said calling animals it in general means it -- as I used it in my sentence. IMO its completely different. Heck, I tell Ren he's an animal all the time lol
I getcha...misunderstanding. No, I don't usually refer to my own dogs as "it" since they have names. But I might if I were talking about a random dog in a general sort of way. "It looks so skinny." I might say, "he looks so skinny if I knew the gender." Who knows? But yeah...I can't say as I'd say about Chulita, "it is an awesome dog."
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

dont know how relevant this is, but this is Josefina (pics taken at about 10 mos of age), who is i assure you very well cared for, but is still a 'thin' dog naturally due to activity level & growing. You cant tell me that that Fila pup was 'trim' due to the same reasons, i know a under fed dog when i see one & that pup was an under fed dog.

-here is another pic, taken the same day from a different angle, it is possible to 'hide' a dogs condition... just saying & i noticed that the fila pup was always facing a certain way or had another dog in front of him so we could never see the true body condition... but what i did see looked like an under fed dog to me.

- this is her at a year, see how much more 'filled' she looks? it doesnt take much to change a dogs body condition, & knowing that, i have to believe the breeder, seems to me she stands to lose a lot more by lying so i choose to believe that she is telling the truth.

sorry iff the pics are a little big, they are from photobucket.

Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
If her dogs were too skinny, I'm sure someone there would have told her about it.
They might have. How do you know people haven't?

People compete with lame dogs too. Often it takes a judge having the audacity to say something to get people to either retire the dog or seriously vet it. Most people don't cause that level of drama at trials and it's more of a private whisper.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Soooo.... Yeah.
Not everything is a matter of opinion.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

Barbara have you been to shows with Teal?

Are you saying she gets compliments from first hand knowledge seeing it happen or?

i ask, because its almost beginning to sound like ***8220;the lady doth protest too much***8221; except its you not Teal protesting too much!

IOW I don***8217;t think you***8217;re helping...
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Barbara have you been to shows with Teal?

Are you saying she gets compliments from first hand knowledge seeing it happen or?

i ask, because its almost beginning to sound like “the lady doth protest too much” except its you not Teal protesting too much!

IOW I don’t think you’re helping...
Oh, so you noticed that too???

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Actually it is the reason I have trouble believing it was her doing, when I look at the pit bulls.
There was someone who bought a puppy from another breeder we knew whose other dogs are in great condition and spoiled, but when he got the puppy he decided he didn't really like him and mostly kept him in his crate ... out of sight, out of mind. When, or if, he thought about it, he would feed him or take him outside. As it turns out, he suddenly realized one day that the puppy was borderline emaciated, and ended up dumping him at the shelter and telling the breeder he ran away.

So it's very possible for someone to have dogs that are in great condition, and completely neglect another because they just don't like the dog for whatever reason.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

Well excuse the hell out of me for daring to make a peep while you guys go pages and pages talking about how you think she abuses her dogs like some sort of snotty group of girls in high school.

Carry on, by all means.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb