Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
As someone who doesn't know anything really about the OP its hard to th ink you'd even send a dog back to a breeder looking that rough. Why not just let it pass on?
Earlier in the thread she says that she hadn't made any payments on him yet, just paid the non refundable deposit. So not having to pay for him is motivation right there. I don't believe she wanted him dead by any means. Just wanted him gone and that things got out of hand before he went back.
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,718
Default

Hey Romy, have you heard back from the breeder yet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,954
Default

Not yet, it's kind of early still so I might try calling her a little later in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Not yet, it's kind of early still so I might try calling her a little later in the day.
That's fine! I was just curious!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
If someone has proof that this puppy was starved and neglected, then why hasn't it been brought to the attention of the authorities or someone who can prosecute the perpetrator? Animal abusers need to be arrested, charged, and punished whenever it is possible. Why hasn't this happened to whomever did this to this puppy? Why didn't the breeder do the right thing when she first picked up the puppy, by reporting it? (if it is true that she picked up the puppy in this horrifying condition)
Because there isn't any proof, and good point!
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Paige's Avatar
Paige Paige is offline
Let it be
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Earlier in the thread she says that she hadn't made any payments on him yet, just paid the non refundable deposit. So not having to pay for him is motivation right there. I don't believe she wanted him dead by any means. Just wanted him gone and that things got out of hand before he went back.
The reason I brought that up is well... in my morbid mind I thought about it and for myself personally I think I'd bury the body and not draw attention to myself versus giving the dog back and having this happen.

Well, all hypothetical of course because I have never been in this situation.
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:36 AM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,340
Default

Quote:
I disagree. Something like this should only be made pubic when it has been undeniably proven... Now it is just a slanderous accusation, and we all know how that works. Whether Teal is found innocent or guilty or not, she will always have been accused of something like this, and therefore will always have that mark on her back because it was done publicly. Kind of like that girl in high school who someone accused of sleeping with their boyfriend, who no one knew if she did it or not, but she was still a *****. Find Teal innocent, and she will still be considered a dog abuser. Which is why this should NOT have been done publicly without valid and undeniable PROOF. And investigation shouldn't be done on a public forum to drag someone's name through the mud because everyone here thinks they're some sort of detective. This isn't cute. It's someone's livelihood. But by all means, everyone should continue stomping around without any definite proof and accuse Teal of abusing that dog, because it's just on the Internet, right?
And I disagree real has not posted any proof in her own defense.

Even if its just speculation with pictures, breeder emails, vet records I still think people should know so they can make the decision to let their dog either prove that the accusations are true or not. I'd definitely not let yoshi be that 'proof' dog.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,792
Default

Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, you'd think a person would make sure it was fattened up before it left. Maybe the dog had a medical condition? I also think it's a little weird that the breeder left pictures of the pup and the person who supposedly starved him up on her site. Not really huge, but I would've taken them down.

And agreed with yoko... the only good that can come of this is if it made public.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
stafinois's Avatar
stafinois stafinois is online now
Professional Nerd
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mayberry
Posts: 1,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Still doesn't make a whole lot of sense, you'd think a person would make sure it was fattened up before it left. Maybe the dog had a medical condition? I also think it's a little weird that the breeder left pictures of the pup and the person who supposedly starved him up on her site. Not really huge, but I would've taken them down...

If he had a medical condition causing the wight loss, he wouldn't have gained it back that fast. Reportedly he gained 28 lbs in two weeks.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
kaldrina kaldrina is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Posts: 3
Default

Wow..there goes my lunch hour lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site