Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post

RC talks to ANYONE I get a dog from, and tells them what a "horrible" person I am. At one point, her and I were friends. Or so I thought. Apparently, that was her just collecting information to use against me later.

I didn't take those pictures... I wasn't there when they were taken either. I don't know what happened to that dog once he got into the breeder's truck and she drove out of my yard.

To sum it up - I returned a puppy to his breeder, and now a year later I'm being accused of abusing and neglecting him.
So you think a dog can get THAT bad in 2 DAYS?

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-02-2012, 12:04 AM
...ice road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRock View Post
Yes, I would still want to see the original date of the pictures. A puppy can not get emaciated in just two days.

And I still believe that a reputable breeder is not going to blatantly lie and accuse someone so publicly, just think all the legal trouble she could get herself into.

Teal, could you post original photos of vet records? Not scans, just pictures of the vet records?

And please explain to me, in your opinion what happened to the puppy? And how did he get emaciated in just two days? How did he get in that condition? In your opinion, why would a known breeder blatantly lie?

Then can one of you please come get on my old computer, and see if you can find the originals? I don't know how and therefor did not alter the date on ANY picture. The date I posted was the same date I uploaded it to Facebook, which I take pictures and upload them the same day or MAYBE the day after. Whatever the file name is - that IS the date it was taken, otherwise I'd never be able to keep track of my pictures, which I am a fanatic about.

I wish this had been brought up earlier... I was just at my vet this morning. But sure, I'll go drive the HALF HOUR to my vet so I can take photos of vet records to post for you oh so nice internet people who have nothing better to do than accuse people of random crap.

And for the last time - I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PUPPY. I returned him to the breeder. She was upset with me for returning him... I never heard anything more from her until I contacted her about a month ago, inquiring about how he was doing. WHY would this come up A YEAR LATER if I had returned the puppy in that sort of condition?
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I'm just really struggling to understand how you returned the puppy to the breeder in "good condition" (which sorry, like others, I'm not seeing in your final pictures) and a few days later he looks like he does in those pictures.

Yet you aren't saying that she photoshopped/staged/faked the photos or underfed the puppy herself? It just... doesn't make sense. Something had to have happened.
Is it possible Jairi is condoning the status of the pup? Is that a good weight in her mind?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I've asked and I am sure you have answered some but I can't keep all of your dogs straight.

I guess I just don't understand people who bring in dogs as "if it works out I'll keep it, if not I'll call it retrospectively a foster and rehome it." I think that could answer a lot of the questions and the reason I am so uncomfortable with your method.

I also don't know that I can ever understand just letting a dog die at home because you were so sure it wouldn't be worth trying to make it to the vet. Maybe in a different lifetime I will know but as it is now I am really upset and confused by it.
That's part of getting a dog from a breeder and why the breeder chooses the dog for you... So you can get a perfect fit dog and if the dog isn't right...it goes back to the breeder! Oh my!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Glutton for Crazy

When you return a dog for being exactly what its breed calls for? This is why so many of us threw up terrified arms when Jairi considered Malinois.

You can't handle a Fila wanting your attention? Try a malinois, they are constantly seeking a way to climb in your skin sack.

Not to mention many of the dogs in question were "adoptions" from rescue, not purchased and returned. I think she returned two to breeders?

**** happens, I get that. I just don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on that.

I also don't think that puppy is healthy but I'm not seeing Jairi agree there either.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
And for the last time - I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PUPPY.
What do you think happened? How can the inconsistencies possibly be explained? Because it can't be true that you returned him in good condition and that a few days later he was emaciated, and if she has pictures of him emaciated, then... it's hard for me to really see another explanation other than that she got him that way.

Quote:
WHY would this come up A YEAR LATER if I had returned the puppy in that sort of condition?
Maybe because... you contacted her about a month ago to ask about him?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 AM
...ice road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I'm just really struggling to understand how you returned the puppy to the breeder in "good condition" (which sorry, like others, I'm not seeing in your final pictures) and a few days later he looks like he does in those pictures.

Yet you aren't saying that she photoshopped/staged/faked the photos or underfed the puppy herself? It just... doesn't make sense. Something had to have happened.

I'm really struggling to understand it, too. I don't know WHERE all this crap is coming from... but it's coming from Courtney, who has done nothing but cause drama for me.

Quote:
I've asked and I am sure you have answered some but I can't keep all of your dogs straight.

I guess I just don't understand people who bring in dogs as "if it works out I'll keep it, if not I'll call it retrospectively a foster and rehome it." I think that could answer a lot of the questions and the reason I am so uncomfortable with your method.

I also don't know that I can ever understand just letting a dog die at home because you were so sure it wouldn't be worth trying to make it to the vet. Maybe in a different lifetime I will know but as it is now I am really upset and confused by it.

When someone finds a stray on the road and calls me to take it, because I was the local "rescue"... yes, the dog would come in on a "if it fits in, it'll stay... if not, I'll find it a proper home" I guess I don't see what's wrong with that? If my home is the right home for it, why not keep it? But if it's not, why not find it the proper home? That's all I did. I was young, inexperienced, and probably in over my head... but I placed a lot of dogs in GOOD homes, and I don't regret that one bit.

My vet recommended I not bring him in, because he was already in the process of dying. He was unresponsive, and his blood pressure was so low she wouldn't have been able to find a vein to do anything anyways. It's at least a 30 minute drive to the vet, depending on traffic... based on my knowledge, and conferring with my vet... I kept him comfortable in his final moments, if he could even recognize what was going on. I find it DEPLORABLE that this situation is being brought up over and over, like I have no heart and it doesn't hurt me to have to keep talking about my puppy that died. God **** you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
So you think a dog can get THAT bad in 2 DAYS?

No, I do not. But based on when everyone is saying the other pictures were taken... something in their method isn't reliable. I don't know WHEN those pictures were taken, but I know mine were NOT taken when the computer is saying they were (which I have found happens all the time)

Quote:
Is it possible Jairi is condoning the status of the pup? Is that a good weight in her mind?

No, the puppy in the pictures RC posted is absolutely too thin.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Glutton for Crazy

So how did it get that way so quickly?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Obey the Toad.

Teal, I just have a couple of questions then I have to go to bed....

Is the skinny puppy in the pics from the breeder the puppy you had?
Did he look like that when you returned him?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
That's part of getting a dog from a breeder and why the breeder chooses the dog for you... So you can get a perfect fit dog and if the dog isn't right...it goes back to the breeder! Oh my!
That doesn't give the person the right to mistreat a puppy or stop providing basic care that a puppy or any DOG or living creature needs in order to survive.