Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-14-2004, 12:59 AM
Active Pup

You know what Renee? I think it's worked already.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Felurian

Hurray!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Active Pup

My mistake. He's gone done it again. The thing I don't understand is that he can do about 6 or 7 poos a day (most of them inside) and not eat anywhere near how much comes out. He definately hasn't found another source of food.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Felurian

That's incredible! At least you know what he's full of . . .

What kind of food is he eating? He could conceivably have the doggie equivalent of a mild case of irritable bowel syndrome.

Here's another thought; have you had him checked for worms lately?

And how does he act when you find his "gifts?"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Active Pup

He's ok for worms. I give him a bowl full of dried food twice a day after his two walks. When he knows that I've seen it he looks really guilty, and I have to drag him over to it to show him.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Felurian

What kind of dried food is it. That's important.

That's good that he knows he's done something you don't like - a step in the right direction.

You might also find it helpful to feed him about 30 or 40 minutes before you exercise him. By all means, take him out to go to the bathroom first if he needs to go, but by feeding him that long before he goes for his walk it will give it time to stimulate his system, but let him have a short nap or rest period immediately after his food. That's important to help avoid bloat.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Active Pup

It's a complete dry food called chappie. He's already getting better, it's amazing! I just want him to be able to run around the whole house when I'm out without making a mess. He'll be so much happier.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Felurian

That's a new one on me. Check the ingredients for the percentage of fiber. Dogs' systems aren't like ours as far as fiber requirements; big amounts of fiber are unnecessary for them.

I am so glad it's getting better. Sometimes it just takes more time and concentration. Bimmer and Buffy needed no house training at all - seriously. Never once. Never a single accident. It was unreal. Shiva was another matter entirely, and consequently Kharma was a little more difficult.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Active Pup

Oh dear, he's still doing it and now he's starting to hide from me when I get home. I changed the food I was giving him but it didn't make a difference. I think I'll take him to get checked out at the vet.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Puppy Dog

I think the person that suggested getting angry at the poo was me when my screen name was "Apollonaro"
And it works!
it is doing WONDERS With luca. I say "Look at this... What an ugly stinky poo" and then i pick it up and im like "Bad poo.... Make a mess of everything" Then i cast him a curious notice nad he's staring at me like i've lost my mind nad im like "Isn't that a BAD POO luca? It's Nasty and smelly and i wish it would go away" Or if he pees, i'll Hit the pee with the paper towel and punisht he pee HAHAHAHHHAHA Some people think i might have medical problems but it works, truly it does...