NY/NJ/CT Chazzers (or if you know someone there looking for a pet)

milos_mommy

If you know anyone in the metro NY area, or even a bit further out who is willing to drive, the organization I volunteer for is having a huge event on Staten Island on Sunday

I can't figure out how to link, but it's Louie's Legacy Animal Rescue Community and Adoption Event.

The organization pulls animals who are on death row for colds and places them in foster care. We work out of three states, and NYC in on track for saving over 200 lives this year...700 in combined states last year.

The benefit is in memory of a little boy who died in a fire trying to get his dog out. His family fundraised for us all year, and now we're doing this. There's going to be a DJ, food, soccer, and a bunch of seminars and behaviorists and stuff answering questions (I know at least one of the trainers going, and he's really good). There will be raffles and prizes and stuff for people who bring along their rescue animals from ANY rescue or shelter.

I will be there all day long :cool: I hope some of you can make it!

If any of you are in touch with DrMom, it's short notice, but I know she lives in that area...

Ivy

I wish I could go, but it's a little far, lol

Hope the event is more sucessful than anticipated :)

milos_mommy

About 160 people showed up, and the ASPCA gave us a $5,000 grant :) One of our cats went to a pre-approved home, and one of our dogs whom desperately needed a new foster (her foster brother attacked her brutally) got one....we were on the local news, too.

Members online

No members online now.