Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Big Dog

Default Portraits

Hi!

Nice to see other peopleīs art and some is really nice.

I have been painting and drawing all my life and it is something I enjoy very much. Now I am slowly trying to turn it into a living but not simple at all..

I donīt know if it is allowed to post pictures with copyright on them (mine as you will see have my url on it so moderators and admins remove them if it is not allowed. I canīt remove it because I donīt want my art to be printed or used for something else without my permission (world is getting crazy and people are getting idea they can take what ever they want).

Here is link to my art gallery that is on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20355071@N00/sets/827179/

I hope you guys will like it..

Bye, Katja
Old 10-29-2005, 05:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i will post your question in the mod section, i don't think it is a problem but i want to make sure...i am one of the mods of the art forum and am very pleased to see and share in your work. I have posted a lot of past and present. Not simple are the best description..it's hard, especially now. Cecil had a post that showed a breath taking dog portrait, his attention to texture simply blows my mind..and there are so many others. I enjoy seeing everyone's expression and passion for their animals..and find the beginners to be fresh and lovely too. I paint for a while..take a break, and that is what i am on now so i got to be back before it dries..i will look at your website on my next break.
Im back..i posted the question and Chaz says "Sure you can if you are the owner." I haven't seen your website yet but the piece you posted is beautiful!
finally i get there..geez what a night..i love that your work has such life..you can see the personality in each and every expression..the eyes show their souls is what i think i am trying to say..i am a true fan. Do you work in colored pencil and charcoal??? have you tried the watercolour pencils? i think your washes are interesting..I hope that you post more in the future!!!!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 10-29-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Big Dog

Hi!

Thank you for your kind words.

I do coloured pencils too, I have a box of watercolour pencils at home and usually I draw coloured drawings with them.. been thinking of checking out local art store to see what is new since my pencils are couple years old and like in everything else so does materials improve in art. Charcoal not for now, I donīt want to work on 10 different techiques for now.

Here is one coloured pencil:

I did a lot of water colours in past but as I check the internet what people like it seams oil paintings are no. 1 now although more expensive.

At moment I am working on paintings for my appartment, I have enough of empty white walls! And ofcourse I need some more good work for people to see what I am capable of creating. Funny how we who draw improve with everything we draw and paint..

At moment I am workin on oil painting of a horse.. havenīt been drawing or painting horses for long long time, here is progress of it:
http://www.pet-art.net/progress.htm

Coloured pencils gallery:
http://www.pet-art.net/galleries_coloured.htm
Pencil drawings gallery:
http://www.pet-art.net/galleries_pencil.htm
Oil paintings:
http://www.pet-art.net/galleries_oil.htm
Some of older stuff that I made through years:
http://www.pet-art.net/galleries_archived.htm
Everything else not animal related:
http://www.pet-art.net/galleries_other.htm

Bye, Katja
Old 10-30-2005, 05:44 AM
Top Dog

Wowweee. That drawing of the rottie is amazing. B-e-a-utiful!!! Have you painted/drawn pictures for other people? At the moment im looking around for an artist to paint my two dogs. Keep up the good work!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Big Dog

Hi!

Yup did it a lot actually but than let it go had too much work, now I am starting again..

Created a site, started painting again to show how much I have improved from before.

Here is a link:
http://www.pet-art.net

Bye, Katja

PS: And at moment I am sitting in chat alone. Drop in..
Old 10-30-2005, 02:29 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

you watercolours are breathtaking! i love the site that shows the steps in progress too. That is my favorite part..i try to show my family and they just shrug.they are only interested in the end..sigh..i have never had the pleasure in working with oils, i am stuck in acrylic land. I look forward to your future works!!!!!!!!!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
no touchy

You are very good!!! I love the pencil drawing of the German Shepherd and the old man in water colors...beautiful.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Big Dog

Thank you guys!

Quote:
i love the site that shows the steps in progress too. That is my favorite part..i try to show my family and they just shrug.they are only interested in the end..sigh..
Just added two more steps.

When horse is done back to dogs again, boxer this time.

Bye, Katja
Old 10-30-2005, 04:14 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

What a pleasure! Thank YOU!!!!!! I miss seeing the progress of pieces from my school days. I was very fortuante to be allowed to attend KCAI. I treasure my memories of classmates.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 10-30-2005, 04:18 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

l love the lighting along the lips..you breathe life into your work in such sublte and wonderful ways. I would add a smiley face but my puter is all messed up and i cant do that or add attachments right now..so (smiles)

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!