Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
I would laugh in the face of the person who ever told me to drug or muzzle my dogs...actually I think when all was said and done they would be wearing a muzzle and gagging on a bottle of pills shoved down their throat...
ROFLMAO! Yeah, right Serena. Down their throat? Come on, you know you'd start at the other end.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Dog Spoiler

Shock collars...Totally against them. Me and my friend went to Petco to look for something that might help him train his dog. We came upon the shock collars and my friend thought it would be funny to try one on. So he did and I shocked him. When i pressed that button, i saw all his muscles tense up. He though he was gonna die from electrocution. If a human can't handle it, why do people think a dog can. OR does the dog's fur make the shock less harsh?
Old 11-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I'm not real sure how harsh it is on a dog. I guess it would be just like an electric fence, huh?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Felurian

From what Amy's described about the collar she had to use, the better ones have adjustable levels.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I've looked at some of them, and they have different levels, and they also have a button that gives a clicking sound, then the shock button. So, after you train them for a while, you can just use the clicking button without the shock.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Active Pup

Default Shock collar forsale

I have a small dog shock collar forsale if anyone is interested, it was used one month and worked like a charm, it has a remote with 10 different settings. It retails for $149 and I am selling it for $60 plus shipping. I am located in MS and can ship.

Email me at [email protected] if interested, postal money order only!

This is completely safe for your dog, it is made by petsafe and I had contacted the company before I purchased and they told me it was not harmful to dogs, it is like if you touch a door knob and get a static shock, and I have a hardheaded dachsund and this has cured her barking so I no longer need it.

Thanks, Jen

Last edited by Fur&Spikes; 11-13-2004 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 11-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Felurian

Thanks, Jen. It's good to hear from someone who has used it successfully. I'd be interested, but it would probably just fit around my Monster's ankle, and I doubt she'd even notice it.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Active Pup

Yea its more for small dogs like dachsunds and jack russels and beagles, ya know the hardheaded breeds that bark at even a pin dropping. I tried it out on myself before I used it on my dachsund and my hubby had the control and he got evil on me and put the thing up on level 10 and I was jumping all over the kitchen ) We only got to level 5 and it stopped my loud mouth, they really work!! You have to put a regular collar on after you have gone through the process to stop them from barking because then they think they still have the bark collar on LOL!!

They do have them for large breeds also...
Old 11-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Felurian

My friend, Amy, gave me a recommendation for the brand she had to use on one of her male Filas. They are pricey! I hate to think of having to resort one with Kharma, but if she doesn't stop herding the cows when we call her off . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-20-2004, 12:56 AM
DILLIGAF?

I think shock colars are a great training tool if they are used properly. If you want to know where to get the best shock collar just go to http://www.dogproblems.com/e-collars.htm and there will be a list of the best ones.

Terence