Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Top Dog

Perfect timing ! Sorry, just checking !
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Perfect timing ! Sorry, just checking !
Not a problem. I understand your concern especially with a large sized dog and slow maturity. I forgot that you used to breed so this would be a concern of yours

It's also reassuring to know that Tori and all of my friends dogs are certified for hips, elbows, eyes and every other known genetic disorder known to Newf's. ...her scores came back excellent, any thing less and my friend won't breed. She works at a Vet clinic so she gets every thing done at cost. The breeder has all the pup's eyes checked in PEI Vet college before they leave for their new homes at 9 weeks of age. Before they leave for their homes they are socialized safely after their inoculations, my friend takes them to work with her at the vet clinic or she gives them all to my sister to take to work at her grooming shop to run and play. My friend has grandchildren who come to play with them etc. etc. My friend really enjoys bringing up puppies and showing is her passion and hobby.

As I am typing she is on her way down (with my sister ) to Bermuda...she is showing one of her girls down there at some major dog show. I'm stuck looking after everyone's dogs. Poor me. haha
Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Big Dog

That is so exciting!! Congrats on having good sucess with your dogs.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

She sounds like she's really doing well as a breeder !

Last edited by bubbatd; 10-31-2005 at 11:02 PM. Reason: cf
Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Manchesters

It seems to me that you are getting a bit of the shaft. Does the breeder contribute to the feeding of Tori and the medical expenses? If so, then perhaps you aren't getting shafted too badly. But if you have to raise the pups and spend your life tending to them, then by golly you should at least get either a pup, or the price of a pup. I have never heard of a breeder taking two entire litters from a bitch they placed. Usually they will want 1st and 3rd litter pick from a litter that is bred to a stud of their choosing.

Do you even co-own Tori? It really sounds to me like she is taking big time advantage of you! I surely hope not.................