Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-29-2005, 05:00 AM
Top Dog

Default My little girl Tori may be pregnant again

Hopefully she took as the breeder promised she would only take 2 litters out of her
Her first litter was a perfect..text book birthing. She broke water and within 2 hours had all 7 of her pups. I expect this litter to be just as easy if not then we are prepared for any thing that could happen. I have been assisting in whelping litters for over 10 years and the breeder who still legally owns Tori has been breeding for over 20 years. So, there is nothing that could be thrown at us that we couldn't handle.
I'm just crossing my fingers that she took so I can then get her spayed. From her last litter a few of her pups got their championship titles in Canada and US before they were 2 years of age. One of her pups is being used as model for a calendar for Eukanuba...and the same little girl may be invited to the show of shows this year in Canada...that is basically the same as the Westminister dog show except a Canadian version. One of her relative won the westminister dog show a couple of years ago...Josh. Another one of her pups is going to Bermuda this week to get her championship title there. The breeder likes to get championship titles in 3 countries on all her dogs. She also had top Newf in Canada a few years back.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:27 AM
Top Dog

Oh gosh newf puppies, I want to see pics!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Top Dog

Will you be keeping a puppy?
Old 10-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Oh gosh newf puppies, I want to see pics!
Fran27
I have pictures of her last litter. I'll post them in the picture section...I don't quite know how to put them in my post. And, my computer is so slow it takes forever to get to those sites to make the pic smaller.

Quote:
Will you be keeping a puppy?
Gallien Jacks, no I won't keep a puppy. But, the breeder will keep one. She is basically just living with me right now. Once she is spayed the breeder will sign her over to me. So, basically I have no rights to the puppys at all.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athebeau
I have pictures of her last litter. I'll post them in the picture section...I don't quite know how to put them in my post. And, my computer is so slow it takes forever to get to those sites to make the pic smaller.

Oh yes pleeeeeeeeeease!
Old 10-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

I posted pictures of her last litter in the members gallery. She is such a good mommy. I wanted to whelp the litter at home here, but, with all my other dogs she may get a little too upset and testy with the others dogs. I don't want her to have any aniexty attacks...although the last litter she had we kept my old girl Cassie with her (midwife haha ). She found comfort in having Cassie there. With Athena my Rottie, the last litter she met (the pups were 3 weeks old) freaked her out so bad I think it took her a while to recover. The pups had her backed up against a wall while she was trying to climb it to get away from them. I guess she must be happy I had her spayed...hee hee.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:08 PM
no touchy

Gonna go look at the pictures soon...I love newfies. I read a little about Josh a couple of months ago. Very good looking dog.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

When did she have her last litter ?? At what age ?
Old 10-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

Newfieeeeeeesss!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
When did she have her last litter ?? At what age ? Quote by bubbatd
This question threw me especially after I outlined the breeders experience, knowledge and the respect she has in the dog world....it's almost a question directed to a novice first time dog breeders.
Tori was 2 1/2 years old when she had her first and only litter. This will be her 2nd and she is now 4 1/2 years old. The breeder usually only takes 2 litters out of a bitch.