Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Which shelter option should I go with?
Cabana 4 50.00%
Canopy 1 12.50%
Other 2 25.00%
Lemon Shakeup 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I'm just finding that at DDing competitions I'm in more need of shade for *myself* at times LOL, plus at those events the parking area is further away than at agility trials, so crating nearby is harder without a tent/canopy. I won't crate where I can't see my dogs basically.
It is way hot at dock diving trials. I know the one I go to is held on pavement. Crazy hot.

The only thing that made me get an EZ Up Canopy over say a tent like the second one you listed, was the stakes that go out the side, and in some areas at DD events the tents are literally *right* next to each other. Plus I didn't want myself or my dogs tripping over the line stakes.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Behavior Nerd

Oh I hadn't even thought of being able to lower a canopy to make it safer and more protected in rain - good to keep in mind!

@Lizmo: None of the events I've been to so far have been on pavement or really packed, but this weekend's event is huuuge (i.e. waves filled to the 40 team max in prereg already with a week to go!), so keeping footprint in mind is a good point. Same with making sure that whatever I get doesn't *have* to be staked since pavement would make that impossible.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I've seen EZUps damaged by the winds here, one of them we actually had to beat with a hammer to get the frame bent back so we could even take it down. It should have been lowered instead of leaving it up but she forgot.
We had a huge Tstorm blow through the Saturday night of an outdoor trial here. Everyone with an EZ-UP who didn't lower it and strip the canopy had varying degrees of damage. Everyone with a tent/etc sort of thing simply lost theirs....stakes were pulled up, and fabrics destroyed. Amazing what wind can do.

Anyway, here's our Camp There's an extra tarp inside which can be quickly hung up in the case of rain.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Collies&Terriers, Oh My!

I have the Kelty Cabana and I like it. I've only used it once, but it survived a windy day and was also easy for one person to put up/take down.

~Smooth Collies~

URO1 CH "Smidgen" RA,WW-RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)
URO2 CH "Dora" RN,CGC,TT,HIC,VC (2/3 CA)

~American Hairless Terriers (coated)~
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "OE" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)
UFR USR GRCH 'PR' "Spud" TT (UKC Total Dog Award winner)