Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
True, but there are a handful that EXCEL at those things.
True, but I don't think my dog and I need to excel, lol. I just want to have fun, and what breed has more fun than a corgi???

I think if I bought a dog because I wanted to excel, I would be disappointed if it didn't. Plus I don't think I would ever have the time or money to be one of those people who trial every weekend.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 07-28-2011, 12:36 PM
feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I just want to have fun, and what breed has more fun than a corgi???
A pit bull.

I like your attitude about this.
This is the attitude ALLLLLLLLLLL dog people should have. It's why I've chosen to give nose work a try. From what I hear, it's a BLAST and it's...well, you know! It's almost like the anti-obedience sport.
My dogs don't have to be number 1.
I don't have to put 284239 titles on them to feel as though they are awesome dogs.
I just want to ENJOY my dogs, and I feel that when dog folks start taking sports so "for srs.", it strips the fun out of it.
Granted, I know there are quite a few dog people who can put 8384394 titles on their dogs AND have fun with their dog. That's FANTASTIC!
But I know that my dogs embarrassed the hell out of me at puppy training class because I was all "for srs.", and they were all for..."sorry, my environment is more stimulating right now than you are. Screw your treats." at times.
I'm not going to let that be my attitude with nose work. I want to ENJOY my dogs.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
I've really been craving a shaggy dog lately.
Like a messy-haired dog.
SCRUFFY DOG. THAT'S it.
Scruffy.

The dog from the Travelers insurance commercials? Oh be still my heart. He's so raggedy looking and so ADORABLE.
You got bit by the Dekka-Kat bug, lol.

But the original question . . . Nope. Filas forever With an APBT on the side.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I just want to have fun, and what breed has more fun than a corgi???
Oh there is none!

Nah, I get your point. Having fun with my dog is top priority as well which is another reason why I pick based on the activity I want to do. Titan is case and point, I got him just as a pet but soon realized I couldn't stay away from agility. So off to agility training he went and he did not enjoy it. He would do every obstacle but he's much more content sleeping on the couch at home. For him, it's not fun so it's not fair for me to continue to put him through it just for my own sake. It's the same with obedience and rally, he just flat out doesn't enjoy either, despite my best efforts to help him enjoy it.

I got Classic as a show dog and he failed at that and I was disappointed at first. BUT I found something else that he enjoys (agility) and we do that together. However he isn't really competitive and being in the field I'm in, titles are important. Hard to be taken seriously as a trainer without having put any titles on dogs.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Twin 2

And now all you have to do Sara is clone Zuma. And then you would be set for life and not have to worry about what your next dog will be

Oh and I want a one of her clones please and thank you
Old 07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Top Dog

I really thought I wanted a working bred GSD for my next dog. But then I met my first maligator... I think I'm hosed.

Sometimes I think I want to have something large, shorterhaired, and fiesty (Boerboel, Rottie, DDB...), but who am I kidding we all know I can't step away from the cracked out fuzzbuckets.

I do know I'll have a BC someday, I grew up with them and adore them. My childhood dog ruined me for anything not cracked out high drive. I only wish is that it'll be even half the dog he was...

I also know the odds are good another sled dog mutt in need will probably fall into my lap in the future. They seem to just float my way.

I really would love a well bred APBT (nice lean ADBA style athlete), but I'm not sure when/if I will be in the position to do so.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
And now all you have to do Sara is clone Zuma. And then you would be set for life and not have to worry about what your next dog will be

Oh and I want a one of her clones please and thank you
Well, my cloning machine from craigslist didn't really function... so we are back to square one with that plan....

Old 07-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Oh there is none!
True statement!!
(sorry Ryan )

I have the opposite problem of you and Titan. Frodo LOVES agility, now if I could just get him relaxed enough in a trial environment, we could rock those tunnels!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
BusterLove

I constantly flick back and forth between bc's and kelpies. I do think at the moment and in the near future that borders are the best fit for me.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
True statement!!
(sorry Ryan )

I have the opposite problem of you and Titan. Frodo LOVES agility, now if I could just get him relaxed enough in a trial environment, we could rock those tunnels!
Trial environments are tough... I hope one day Classic will be able to handle it, but in the mean time he's having a blast in class!