Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

Looking at some CM fabrics, and can't decide.

Anyone wanna vote for Jackson's next collar? Now, some of these... I'm not sure how good they'd look on a 3/4 collar sooo.. I'll have to talk to the collar maker about it.

I think I'm going to get him the No Buckle Adjustable Slide Collar so there's no bulky buckles, either, but he still has the 3/4" width.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post

Leather leashes, missing my favorite black one though (Current count: 23 leashes, 0 collars)
Ok I envy these... like a LOT. I really want a leather lead. Where did you get these ones?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Looking at some CM fabrics, and can't decide.

Anyone wanna vote for Jackson's next collar? Now, some of these... I'm not sure how good they'd look on a 3/4 collar sooo.. I'll have to talk to the collar maker about it.

I think I'm going to get him the No Buckle Adjustable Slide Collar so there's no bulky buckles, either, but he still has the 3/4" width.
I like the middle one the best. The first one is awesome but I don't think it would be suitable for a 3/4" collar.

Oh and since we're counting leashes as well ... I have 2 lol. I keep losing them.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Behavior Nerd

I got one of the three brown latigo multifunction leashes when I interned at Guide Dogs for the Blind and then bought two more when I visited their campus a few years ago. This doesn't, however, mean you can't get one yourself because they sell them online for an AWESOME price! You really can't beat $14 for a sturdy leash that breaks in nicely and benefits a great cause.

The black multifunction is a true euro leash - I bought it in Prague on a study abroad trip.

The 6' brown latigo lead is from http://www.texasleash.com/.

The 2' brown latigo traffic leash is from a local place in my hometown that is now out of business.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think I am going to go with a cat collar from Paco Collars for Jackson. I really don't like leather to be too thick, the Ella's Lead one she made for Jackson is the perfect size. I think it's 5/8" wide but it's just the perfect fit. I love the tattoo one I got (with his name painted on it) but it's just kinda big so he ends up not wearing it alot. Plus the hardware is a tad large too and getting the tags on/off is a pain.

So anyways... thinking about this one from Paco:

Le Cheat - Leather Cat Collar - Paco Collars
What do you think for Jackson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
Yes you can.
The ONLY cat collar you CANNOT use a leash with is one with a breakaway buckle.
Paco's (and a few other leather cat collar makers) use elastic to make their leather collars more safe to be worn for cats.

I had that style of cat collar for my mom's cat. It's cute but narrow for a dog. I don't know that it'll show up well on Jackson. You might want to see if they can make it a hair wider for him, like, 5/8" or 3/4". Heck, 1/2" might even be wide enough.
That one there is only 3/8" which is perfect for small cats.
I really really want one of those Paco cat collars for my cat! Except probably in burgundy/brown with silver hardware. I'm the fence about the elastic option though. Oh well the odds that I'll have the $$ to spend on that are slim, so no worries I guess!

Another place for nice leather leads at a very reasonable price is www.bridgeportquipment.com
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:

I just ordered my CM collar as a no buckle adjustable slide collar.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

I've actually heard terrible things about the quality of their leather. I don't have any myself so I can't tell you first-hand.

I do love OnLead leashes though, and they are SUPER cheap and free shipping. On Lead I have a euro leash from them and a regular 6ft leash
Old 07-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I got one of the three brown latigo multifunction leashes when I interned at Guide Dogs for the Blind and then bought two more when I visited their campus a few years ago. This doesn't, however, mean you can't get one yourself because they sell them online for an AWESOME price! You really can't beat $14 for a sturdy leash that breaks in nicely and benefits a great cause.

The black multifunction is a true euro leash - I bought it in Prague on a study abroad trip.

The 6' brown latigo lead is from http://www.texasleash.com/.

The 2' brown latigo traffic leash is from a local place in my hometown that is now out of business.

The link didn't work for the Guidedog place, and I checked in equipment and they didn't have any listed.

I *think* the Guidedog leashes are from J & J Dog Supplies - Dog Training equipment for Dog Obedience, Dog Agility, Dog Flyball, and more. I was at one of our local shows and they had several of the service dog type leads on a clearance rack for insanely cheap( and J&J already has some pretty insanely cheap prices. I asked Robb, the guy running the J&J booth why they were so cheap. He said that they we mistakes because they had brass snaps and the Guidedog place just wanted all chrome. Even if they aren't, J&J makes an almost identical leash. Very high quality and very decent prices.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
The link didn't work for the Guidedog place, and I checked in equipment and they didn't have any listed.
Link worked for me just fine. J&J does sell the same leash if I recall correctly, but proceeds don't go to GDB.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Behavior Nerd

Hrm I checked the link today and it worked for me as well. :\ J&J does sell a very similar leash with the options for chrome or brass fixtures and for a few $$ more.