Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Default Custom Rescue Collars

I want to get some custom collars done up for the rescue I volunteer for. I think it would be a nice idea to send off all the dogs that have been adopted to go to their new homes with a new collar. Fresh start = new collar. I will be getting it embroidered with a catchy line in regards to being adopted through rescue.

Anyone know where I can get solid colour canvas collars in Ontario? Most of the dogs that come through are larger breeds, so I was hoping to find the wider style if possible (1.5") All the ones around here are the nylon ones (don't really like those)

or

if you know anyone that does this kind of work, PM me their website or contact info.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Felurian

Don't know of anyone in Canada, and I know shipping costs can be an issue

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Top Dog

Would shipping really be that much?

I guess customs costs would be a bitch
Old 07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
Would shipping really be that much?

I guess customs costs would be a bitch
I've heard from the US it can be $20+, but I don't know for sure. That may be worth it if you are placing a large order.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Felurian

I don't know. When I've mail tags to Canada via the US Postal Service it's only been a few cents more.

Chewbecca could tell you more since she ships collars and leads to Canada on a regular basis.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 AM
feel the magic

Shipping really depends on the weight and package type.
We typically only ship one collar or lead at a time and can do so, first class international, for about $5 to MOST parts of Canada.
Ben could actually answer better since he deals with international shipping, and I do not.

We typically find, though, that USPS-wise, priority shipping arrives no sooner than first class international, so we typically suggest first class to our international customers because it's incredibly cheaper.
And it's incredibly cheaper for us to ship to YOU vs. you (Canada) to ship to us.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbecca View Post
Shipping really depends on the weight and package type.
We typically only ship one collar or lead at a time and can do so, first class international, for about $5 to MOST parts of Canada.
Ben could actually answer better since he deals with international shipping, and I do not.

We typically find, though, that USPS-wise, priority shipping arrives no sooner than first class international, so we typically suggest first class to our international customers because it's incredibly cheaper.
And it's incredibly cheaper for us to ship to YOU vs. you (Canada) to ship to us.
Oh okay, thank you
Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Not a Border Collie

Shipping from Rebecca only cost $5, which is great. My Collar Shop collar was only $2-3 dollars to get here as I think it's going in a padded envelope. Both companies had different shipping options - those were the cheapest.

That said, I've had collars that cost >$10 to ship here because the makers didn't offer a cheaper option. I'd talk to them and ask them if they'd ship it cheaper if possible.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

I don't know about shipping etc., but I just got a nice custom Adopt Me collar from collarmania at a VERY reasonable price for Scoutini.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
I don't know about shipping etc., but I just got a nice custom Adopt Me collar from collarmania at a VERY reasonable price for Scoutini.
Would you be interested in sending me a picture of it? Just want to get a feel for what's available out there