Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Top Dog

She totally reminds me of a brindled version of Zuma... so whenever you figure out what she is, let me know. LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Top Dog

You could get her a doggie DNA test I have my bets that she comes out as a great dane, poodle mix.

But in reality I'd say she's probably a several generation "street dog." Apart from the brindle, she's the definition of a little, brown, short haired, muscular dog with prick ears that tends to be what dogs turn into if left to their own devices. And if I were you, since you really don't have a clue, if you're made to guess (such as on a apartment lease), I'd say she was a whippet/basenji mix or some other "innocent" sounding cross. You have no reason to believe she's a shepherd (though she certainly does look like a dutchie!) and you know just how hard it is to find a place with a potentially "dangerous" breed. I wouldn't be surprised if shepherds are on some of the banned breed lists. That's my two cents.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Yeah I'm guessing you're in the situation I am with Kim and Web...mutts likely born of mutts or dogs that were never a recognized breed in the first place...it's fun to speculate though

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Not a Border Collie

She looks like a Dutch cross but I'd say the likelyhood of that isn't great. I agree with Shai - she's likely a result of mutts who were the results of mutts (: She does look like she might have some kind of sighthound in her though. Grace would probably have a better idea of what kinds of dogs are popular in the area Cricket was born.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Behavior Nerd

Multimix/pariah dog - she reminds me so much of the village dogs I saw in Trinidad!

For apartments I'd prob list her as a whippet mix, though.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

She definitely LOOKS like a dutch shepherd X whippet mix, but I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim. I'm not sure what makes up the mexican street dogs, but i hear that term a lot.

I also don't know how common lurcher type mixes are down in mexico, but my guess would be a generic sighthound mix crossed with some sort of shepherd-type/herding-type dog...like ACD or german shepherd mix.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'd say for apartments Whippet/GSD. I doubt many JQP know what a Mal is, but if they did, they may be more inclined to allow a GSD mix than a Mal mix. (Besides, she probably isn't part mal.)

I don't know what she is, but I want one. Lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Taxiderpy

Are coated xolos double or single coated? I just wonder, because xolos have a very sighthound-esque shape and demeanor. Can't wait until the village dog project gets done with the Americas. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some xolo type ancestry at some point in most of the street dogs down there.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm not sure... I think it was Renee that told me a while back ago that she wouldn't be surprised if there was some throwback xolo DNA in her lineage. I definitely can see the pariah idea and/or just a kazzillion different breeds involved... that's why it's so fun to speculate
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I'd say for apartments Whippet/GSD. I doubt many JQP know what a Mal is, but if they did, they may be more inclined to allow a GSD mix than a Mal mix. (Besides, she probably isn't part mal.)

I don't know what she is, but I want one. Lol!
Except that GSDs are one of the biggies on the not accepted lists...