Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilaArena View Post
I dont know defender lines personally and all I have heard are bad things about them like horrendous health issues until now...that shoo-its guy was probably the worst thing for this breed and I am glad that he is gone. it sucks that for every one good breeder in this breed there are 20 insanely crappy ones.
Their quickness and sharp thinking is what keeps me on my toes all the time. They look like they would be so cumbersome and slow to react/move...i feel sorry for the person that attempts to test that theory. It is good that their looks are so deceptive, I like that.
She did have some issues in the earlier days, thanks to some very bad advice . . . mostly from the Rogersville folks. They're out of it now, I believe. I've seen some of their dogs -- really sad. There is quite a bit of do Camping in Kharma's lineage, as well as some Eshabeta. Gamble was just . . . that dog was a force of nature, just by his sheer charisma, before you even factored in the physical presence. He was a true throwback to what the old times must have been.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Puppy Dog

Filarotten, thanks!
Zoom, Brindles are my favorites as well, especially a nice light brindle..very beautiful. On both my last breedings there was no line breeding on purpose...first I want to see what, if any health problems pop up and since I will only breed her twice I will not chance doubling up on health issues. After this litter gets a little older I can see how they turn out and see what I can find in terms of a good line breeding, (already have something in mind though)...As far as eshabetta goes...I know this will open up a can of worms but here goes it.... Any kennel that has been up and running for such a long period of time and still doesnt have a consistent type is a HUGE no go. some people love that they have no idea how their dog will look like when it grows up I, however hate those kind of surprises. with that line you can have anything looking like a Neo: Foundation Pg 24
to Labradors, to ems, to whatever else they like to use there... they also had a dog called Thor from aim kennels that while grossly over done they say that " while he is ONLY 155LBS he brings..." seriously? only 155lbs? at 155lbs that dog better throw straight gold nuggets... that is a pretty big fila (if infact you want to call it that). look for kennels that have not only a consistent look but consistent temperaments as well..if the breeder offers multiple looks and multiple temp types run as fast and as far as you can as that is a puppy mill only looking for money. BTW I only touch CAFIB lines.
Renee, Im glad she was able to work out her issues with her breedings, that's the whole point, right? sad but some breeders have gone for multiple years and generations and have made more of a mess than they started with.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Twin 2.0

It's always nice to know other's opinions. I'm honestly not a fan of Eshabeta myself, I prefer the older style, much like yours, Renee's Kharma and Filarotten's crew.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Puppy Dog

zoom, then you are on the right path.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Renee, Im glad she was able to work out her issues with her breedings, that's the whole point, right? sad but some breeders have gone for multiple years and generations and have made more of a mess than they started with.
That's one of the things I look for -- not how did you start out, but how did you develop and learn, and make it better

There used to be a breeder down in Yelapa that I would LOVE to have gotten a dog from. I didn't know that much about them personally, but loved the look of their dogs and the fact that they were bred as ranch dogs. Of course, in a perfect world, I'd be slumming around down in Minas Gerais. I think I could talk at least one or two of the old hands out of a dog or two

I will say that Nikki and Mit's Bella is one of Eshabeta's better turnouts. She's a LOVELY little grrrrrl, beautifully turned out, with a truly nice Fila temperament.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Puppy Dog

hell, if you are friendly enough they will just give you a good farm fila over in Brazil...their reg. farm filas put our wannabe show filas to shame...too bad that the CBKC had to keep changing the standard to match what the top breeders were producing...straight up corruption, what a mess they have made.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Felurian

I know. That's why I don't put much stock in confo'd lines Show me what your dog can do, is it a Fila on the INSIDE, where it counts, first and foremost!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

These pups are stunning.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Puppy Dog

Thanks Pitbulllove, I appreciate it.