Hacking puppy

supaspic

My 2 month old puppy has been hacking, and follows it up by vomiting food, lately. Since I got him 1 week ago he's had a slight hacking but my vet gave him some anitbio. and some cough suppressant. But Tidus is still hacking and now there is food in it. When I checked it there seemed to be some hair (I own 2 Cats) and UNCHEWED food. Could the food be getting stuck? Any Help?

P.S. Sometimes he hacks these messes up with some Phlegm also

the puppy may have kennel cough, sounds like your Vet thinks so too
putting it on a cough suppressant and an antibiotic.

this is like a cold for humans takes awhile to run it's course.

supaspic

My vet gave me some antiboitics, and told me to give it to him for only 7 days well its been 7 days and he's still got it. The only thing is, my vet gave me a big enough bottle to last him like months!!! Also just to be sure my vet told me to give him .5 ml of antibiotics daily, and he gave me a C.C. oral-syringe does anyone know the amount of c.c's that equal .5 ml?

5cc & 5ml are the same measurement, I have both here and just checked
for you.

this could take 2 weeks to clear up

supaspic

GSDMom said:
5cc & 5ml are the same measurement, I have both here and just checked
for you.

this could take 2 weeks to clear up

I figured I just called my vet and set-up a appt. for tommorrow. He'll most likely ly tell me to continue the antibio's but I'll like to hear it from him :)

Good Idea ! ask your Vet if is Kennel Cough, there is a doggie flu going around as well
but it is more serious

Julie

I am back again.
supaspic said:
My vet gave me some antiboitics, and told me to give it to him for only 7 days well its been 7 days and he's still got it. The only thing is, my vet gave me a big enough bottle to last him like months!!! Also just to be sure my vet told me to give him .5 ml of antibiotics daily, and he gave me a C.C. oral-syringe does anyone know the amount of c.c's that equal .5 ml?
I hope you pup gets better soon.

I also wanted to point out you have the dosage as .5 ml, which is only one half of one ml. (not 5 ml.)

or

.5 cc or one half of one cc (not 5 cc.)

But yes ml and cc are the same.

I would double check the dosage to see if it is .5 or 5

Best Wishes.

Fran27

I hope your pup will get better soon. I'm thinking kennel cough too, sometimes there's not much to do except wait. Unfortunately, pups from petstores often have all kinds of diseases, and kennel cough is very common (the pup I got from a petstore years ago had it too).

Members online

No members online now.