Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-16-2011, 11:50 PM
orange iguanas.

Honestly I just want a good ol' companion.
We'll play and dabble in things, but competing or seriously training for anything.... probably not.

Now that I've finally met some BCs outside of the dog park... I really, really like them. Not that a vet clinic is really the best meeting place either lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Show Dog

Good choice on breed. The sire is a good looking dog ... just from him a good litter looks to come.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:15 AM
BusterLove

I'm also interested in the breeder, (PM me if you want) I love sticky beaking at breeders websites and looking at all the different BC's out there.

Also, kinda unrelated but does breeding a smooth to a smooth guarentee only smooth puppies? Or can roughs still pop up?
Southpaw - we need more smoothies on here, come to the dark side!

Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 AM
orange iguanas.

Hmm I suppose that would all depend on their genetic makeup. I think she is expecting smooth/medium coats in the litter, probably nothing too fluffy.... but there are some HAIRY dogs back in the pedigree lol.
I will probably end up with a smooth. Funny because this dog is going to be so far away from what originally attracted me to BCs/Aussies (I was dead set on getting a floofy blue merle).

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 07-17-2011, 09:19 AM
BusterLove

Yesterday it was pouring rain, Quinn loves wet weather because she loves getting as fillthy as possible, I got home from work, greeted by a dripping wet, muddy from head to toe very happy puppy and my first thought was "atleast her coat is short"

Smooths didn't used to appeal to me much at all but now I wouldn't complain if its all I could ever have, there is a something special about them and I love being able to see more of her build.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Top Dog

Oh! How exciting. I hope, hope, hope you get a job so you can do this. Good luck. I hope this all comes to fruition. Lovely dogs!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrose_s View Post
Smooths didn't used to appeal to me much at all but now I wouldn't complain if its all I could ever have, there is a something special about them and I love being able to see more of her build.
Mhm. Used to, I never wanted a smooth coat. Now, I adore them. Such a wash 'n wear coat.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l