Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah i was thinking about wiring the edges of the deck but i dont want to trap bunny in there and there is one side i cant get to to wire it in and as long as its under there belle is going to try to dig holes in my deck lol

I love my hound dogs but some days i question my sanity when i chose hounds LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Top Dog

Rabbits always tend to make homes around my dads fence too. We have the 3 little dogs (JRT mix, Dachshund mix, and terrier Jackson) and they all obsess over the bunny.

I swear, yesterday, the bunny was purposely taunting them. It was sitting RIGHT outside the fence just *sitting* there. Even when I made noises for it to go away. All three dogs were going nuts and Buddy and Jackson began sticking their heads under the fence. I have no doubt they could have dug their way under had they really wanted to or if I had not been right there to stop them.

Brit & Jackson

Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Is there any way to put wire around the bottom of porch to keep Mrs. Bunny out? You're lucky it's just a bunny - my mother once had a skunk take up residence under her front porch (and yes, eventually there was a dog/skunk meeting...)

At least your dogs chase the bunny. Mine seem to have an agreement with the one that likes to chow down in our garden. The dogs, who have no problem taking on raccoons, possums, squirrels, deer, skunks (sigh), moles and snakes, lay on the porch and watch the bunny hop around the yard.

What gets me is that they'll chase bunnies on my neighbor's property when we walk over there. I don't know what our rabbit paid them but it must have been a pretty hefty sum...
maybe they just don't want to eat where they crap
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Any ideas for how to discourage bunny from making a nest here next year?
eat it this year

may i reccommend a fricasee in creamy red chile sauce served w/black beans, fried platains & fresh tortillas.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh i love rabbit. Very tasty. But i cant cook it if no one kills itlol and since we are in a residential area we cant just go out and shoot it lol

I have a yummy slow cooker recipe for rabbit. Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Top Dog

pellet gun
slingshot
kids bow
flashlight

nuff said
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Flashlight? Lol i think you are giving me way too much credit. Im not fast lol plis
The dogs scare it away before we can get out the door lol they arent subtle

G.K. Chesterton

Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Flashlight? Lol i think you are giving me way too much credit. Im not fast lol plis
The dogs scare it away before we can get out the door lol they arent subtle

i was thinking flashlight plus any one of the first three, but thanks for the laugh.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
maybe they just don't want to eat where they crap
My yard is a fenced 2 acres and they have no problems eating the other critters... I think the rabbit paid 'em off...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Fila Love

Rabbits were extinct in my yard for a few years, I have seen a few this year since we have fenced the front and back into two seperate areas.

Keith rescued a rabbit from the pool yesterday. He was a smart bunny. He was sitting in the skimmer so he didn't drown. I hate it when they get in the pool.

Brutus wiped out a nest of bunnies when he was a pup. I managed to save one and take it to wildlife rehab.