Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

(((((HUGS)))) and <<<<<<VIBES>>>>>> for you and Maddie.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Love My Mutt <3

((((hugs))))

My poor Maddie Gimme a text and let me know how she is doing/what the vet says, would ya?

I would also see if there is an alternative to Pred you can give her (I know Diazoxide is one, but I know that is $$$ there). Putting an animal on pred that already has a compromised immune always gives me the shudders, and I know how much you want to avoid it.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am so sorry Maddie for all your itchy miserableness. Vibes for great relief and speedy healing. If your not already maybe there is something out there that could boost her immune system and give her more fight. Wish I knew something right off that would make a difference but I don't.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

=< Oh no... I was just thinking about Maddie the other day and hoping she was feeling better... (((((VIBES)))))) for something good at the vet.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-08-2011, 03:28 PM
swimming upstream

oh nooooo! I hope the vet can give her something to help ease this. I had a dog who had skin allergies--it took us a long time to get it under control--those secondary infections are tough. She was a spaniel mix.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Felurian

Have you considered a consult with Mordy? Nikki will tell you she made a huge difference for Buddy.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Have I mentioned I am SOOOOOO emotional this week???

I almost cried.

disclaimer - My Vet and go waaaay back. Have I mentioned I love him? I can remember when I was really little and he would have me listen with his stethoscope and all that *reminiscing* Lots of fosters, ups and downs, about 9 years of Maddie etc etc

......... So, he walks in and says "Oh, what the Hell Maddie."

3-4 weeks ago she was in for full blood work and they WROTE on her chart that she looked, and I quote (he showed me) "Skin-fantastic"

BUT this has worked completely to my advantage, as we know exactly what the problem is. It's the wheat she got into, and that's it!
He did a skin scraping, and said that I've absolutely kept the infections at bay... And then he started in on how he wished all owners were as pro-active, and because I was, we know "exactly" what to do, and what is wrong, and that I hardly needed a "vet", Maddie's lucky to have me and all that.

And it took everything I had not to cry

So then he says "That's the last complement you'll ever get from me" ... So then I laughed And he went on to say that he wishes all of his Cockers were in as good of health as Maddie... and I was like, are you crazy?! She's half bald?! And he shot me a look and said I ought to know better, because of the cockers that I've fostered/transported/brought in.

*takes deep breath*

I'm to continue what I'm doing, and give the pred for two days, and wean off (unless there is NO change at all, but that will not happen). Up the benedryl, probiotics, down pretty much everything else gradually... they won't be needed if it doesn't get all infected.
She's been getting medicated baths every other day. I'm supposed to just rinse her with luke-cool water every other-every other day to help the itchy scabbies come off.

The food-reaction is why it is literally from her face to her tail, not a major infection like I thought (apparently due to me being 'proactive')
So then I had to look at a bunch of gibberish vet talk and hear a story (he was SO excited to tell me about LOL) about a trial that Ohio State did about food allergies that was ruined by someone dropping a hot dog that the dog got into, and then set them back 4 weeks. Yep... it could take 4 weeks for Maddie to get over this

But "most likely, knowing Maddie, not" . And from here on out, absolutely NO WHEAT.

*is hopeful*

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

awesome news ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
swimming upstream

well that is good news all in all--and it's great that your vet recognizes what a good pet owner you are. Pat yourself on the back--and keep working on getting Maddie back to fantastic skin!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Get well SOON Maddie!!! More and more ((((((VIBES)))))))

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog