Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Felurian

Thumbs down Public Flogging

Since we're being inundated with spammers and they don't seem to "get it" -- and because Eddie's on vacation and can't be here to do The Deed as regularly as he'd like (he LOOOOVES to ban spam) -- we talked about it and thought we'd start collecting them for public pillorying, tar and feathers, lynching, whatever.

Feel free to vent your spleen (within some bounds, please ) on the spammers. Let them know how you feel about them, the likelihood of every clicking on their links for any non-spiteful purpose, etc.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Bored Now.

Wedding dresses and Uggs? I don't even have to mock that - it does it all on its own.

PS. Spammers, please have spam that's actually worth mocking. Love, Saurus!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Not a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Wedding dresses and Uggs? I don't even have to mock that - it does it all on its own.

PS. Spammers, please have spam that's actually worth mocking. Love, Saurus!
You don't have to, ugly wedding things to be found here.

WEDINATOR - Funny Wedding Photos

For all your fashion faux pas...even worse than wedding dresses and UGGS.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Felurian

Would be funny if this thread discourages spammers, lmao.

Not that I really believe anything COULD, but it's been several hours since we got another one

Maybe we should give out cookies to whoever reports the spam first

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

And every time a new spammer posts, can we just add their post in?

It would be great, truly great.

To spammers, chazhound is a DOG FORUM. We aren't interested in your **** Nikes or Uggs or wedding dresses or any other BS. MOST OF US KNOW NOT TO CLICK ON EVEN DOG RELATED SPAM.

To whoever is employing spammers (or, if you the spammer is self employed) YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

SERIOUSLY!!!

I am NOT going to click on your link or send you my credit card number. YOU ARE ****ING KIDDING YOURSELVES if you think I would buy your spam products. You could offer me FREE SHOES and I WOULDN'T EVEN SEND YOU MY MAILING ADDRESS out of pure spite. (and the fear that you would send me even more of this **** in hardcopy)

THIS FORUM HAS TOO MANY MEMBERS THAT UNDERSTAND THE WAYS OF THE INTERNET. GO SOMEWHERE WITH INTERNET NEWBS.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

You do understand that the accounts created by spammers are not monitored, right? They are created by automated programs that collect data from these sites. That's not a person that created that post. And the entity that created the program that created the account that created the post will never see what we've done with it.

Further, there's no such thing as "bad publicity". Keeping them collected and up top will not discourage them. It will only encourage them. The few entities that actually have living people creating these sites will just see that we're annoyed, then get their pleasure from further annoying us.

A better method is to require manual account moderation, but that is a large inconvenience in most cases. The second best thing is to ban global email address registrations. A lot of these spammers operate from ghost email servers with .ru extensions or from shill sites like hotmial.com (most people don't even catch that one). Ban the use of ".ru" or "@hotmial.com", for example.

If you want to display the spammers to the world for mock, of if you would like to do something useful, post your banned mail list.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by makenzie71 View Post
You do understand that the accounts created by spammers are not monitored, right? They are created by automated programs that collect data from these sites. That's not a person that created that post. And the entity that created the program that created the account that created the post will never see what we've done with it.
WAY TO INVALIDATE MY RANT.

Oh well, I don't have the opportunity to use caps nearly enough lol.

I kinda thought that may be the case because I'm forever filling in those hard-to-read little... number/letter combo boxes which are obviously to thwart AI.

A banned mail list would be we should do that.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Felurian

Some are bots, but some are breathing. The bots we can pretty well tell from the registration information, and we do add them to some of the spammer lists -- which we also use.

The breathing ones, though . . . let them and/or their bosses get a dose.

Besides, whether they ever see it or not, or other spammers see it or not, it's kind of like getting to cuss out that phone solicitor that calls in the middle of your favorite show. Sometimes it just feels GOOD.

— Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

HAHA here's another loser for the flogging thread

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

haha they have put this crap on the other threads too.. Oh Goody!!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff