Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Andy

Default how much peanut butter can a puppy have?

i give roxy a whole kong of peanut butter a day. and i heard from someone that peanut butter is good for dogs. but someone else said that i shouldnt feed her alot at all. she loves peanut butter but should i be feeding her this much?
Old 11-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Felurian

It's great for their coat, but it does have sugar and salt, so you don't want to overdo it. It can also be constipating to some dogs, or give others the runs if they eat too much. If you're using the puppy Kong (I think I remember that's what you bought) it should be okay, just keep an eye on her and adjust her food intake accordingly to make sure she's not getting more sugar and salt in her treats or overeating. Peanut butter is calorie dense, but while she's a puppy that shouldn't be a big problem. You have to watch it after they're grown, though, to keep from ending up with a portly pooch.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Andy

thanks renee i can always count on you to answer my questions. but yeah that explains alot. the crzy running around the house. i always thought that she needed some exercise. she would run several laps through the kitchen to the living room to the dining room so fast.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Felurian

LOL! You should see my bunch do that! They make their turns at the end of the living room on the sectional. They'll even do it after they've just come in from running outside.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Big Dog

gee...my dog hates peanut butter.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Allison&Ginger

most all dogs love peanut butter. remember it's not part of their normal ancestor's diet. use sparingly!

allison