Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Love my pets

Default Jake is learning so quickly.

Smkie asked me if I started training Jake. Well since we first got him (6 weeks old) I told him "sit" when he was sitting to associate the action and when he came towards me I told him "come" to also associate the word.

I'm a proud parent to say that he knows sit and come when I say the words. Jake is now 3 months old and growing every day.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Felurian

He probably knows a lot more than he's letting on, too! They learn a lot from watching the other dogs - and sometimes they're smart enough not to let you know just how much they really do know . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Top Dog

Good for Jake AND you! That's a great way to teach things. It's fun...(when you see them doing something and then make a fuss and attach a word....then viola...they've got it.) LOL. He can learn lots of neat things. You guys are doing super!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 PM
Training the Trainer

That's how I taught Ruby - clicker trained her to remember her offered behaviours with a treat, and then finally popped the command in. It was so quick and so easy, and she LOVED it!! Such a great way for them to learn, isn't it? And for you, too, because you feel like you're not forcing any behaviours on them.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare. In return they give us their all. It is the best deal man has ever made
Old 10-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Love my pets

Well last night after Jake sat, I put my hand on the floor and said "down". I couldn't believe it, he laid down on the floor. I said good down. I know this may have been just a coincidence, but it made me so happy!