Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2011, 06:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

GoingNowhere - Good on that woman. Wish I could do that for the puppies but I doubt I could fly them out for a day What would you like to do that does not require foster homes? Pull dogs for adoption events for a day type of thing?
Yep, I was thinking of something exactly like that. So so many rescues operate by pulling dogs from shelters and then fighting the constant battle of finding enough foster homes. It's great, because once rescued, these dogs are actually "safe," but at the same time, it drastically limits the number of animals that can potentially be saved. My idea stands on the grounds of the rescue (which probably does have a foster home network) cooperating with a high kill shelter to bring many many 'death row dogs' up to the weekend adoption events in a more urban area. The rescue is pretty much just hosting its volunteers and "space" to allow these dogs to share the adoption floor. Ideally, the rescue would progress to having a network of "1 week foster homes" or people that could take adopted dogs for just 1 week to allow a homecheck to be completed so that the adopted dog wouldn't have to go home that day.

I wasn't suggesting that you take these puppies. But you could check around your area to see if there are any shelters just like this one a few hours away that would enable you to do something like this on a more regular basis without requiring you to set up an entire foster network first.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
On second thought...

Contact NH Humane Society. We do transports from Alabama, Georgia, you name it, mostly in the south.

And we definitely take puppies. NH Humane is one of the largest adopting out shelters in the North East, I think I heard we were in the top 10.

I live in the Lakes Region of NH, Laconia, Belmont, Gilford. I can help with anything that comes through here. I could also make a measly donation.

When contacting them, I suggest you send pictures right away, with an estimated PTS date so they know they have to rush to save the cuties!

nhhumane.org
or email... Lauren Richard
Animal Care Manager
(603) 524-3252 x 302
[email protected]

I would give them one day to respond by email. I think calling is best, but send an email with pictures and info in case you don't get through, and they are going to need all that info written down anyway.

Good luck!

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Going Nowhere, that's exactly where Sarama came from.

If you're sending them to NH from the South, the Chazers here in VA might be able to help . . .

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 06-29-2011, 02:27 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Contact NH Humane Society. We do transports from Alabama, Georgia, you name it, mostly in the south.

And we definitely take puppies. NH Humane is one of the largest adopting out shelters in the North East, I think I heard we were in the top 10.

I live in the Lakes Region of NH, Laconia, Belmont, Gilford. I can help with anything that comes through here. I could also make a measly donation.

When contacting them, I suggest you send pictures right away, with an estimated PTS date so they know they have to rush to save the cuties!

nhhumane.org
or email... Lauren Richard
Animal Care Manager
(603) 524-3252 x 302
[email protected]

I would give them one day to respond by email. I think calling is best, but send an email with pictures and info in case you don't get through, and they are going to need all that info written down anyway.

Good luck!
This could be an option... Paige?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.