Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn does.

Dally, sometimes. She will run herself to the point of exhaustion, but if her bad leg is bothering her she's really safe about it and she'll tone it down. She won't outright quit but she'll take it slower and won't do her crazy stuntman jumps.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

Nia doesn't. She gets so hot she can barely run and pants like a steam engine but she still goes. Also she won't stop even after hours of fetch so I make sure not to exercise her too much or have her overheat.

However, if it's something she doesn't enjoy as much like walking around the block, she lets me know when she's tired by trying to pull in the direction of our house and refusing to walk by our house for another lap.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Samson's Cheeze Ladyz

It depends. If it's ball/tug, he stops when he gets bored. But if it's anything involving chasing another live animal, he will go, and he will go until he passes out. As far as mental games go (obedience) if he's into it he'll keep going on and on and on. If not, then good luck!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Big Dog

Mac never used to know her limits when she was younger, she'd run herself to death. Now she's five she's better she'll go off when she's hot and flustered and have a short break in the shade, but still not for as long as she should.
From a young age i taught her "enough, out" so she would have to take her toy, walk a few steps away, stand and wait for me to be ready to play again. Also "drink", i point to her water bowl and ask her to drink when she's had a rest. These worked really well and still do, she just would'nt stop otherwise.

Mac Attack
Rip Daisy
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Gatsby is always looking out for Gatsby, so he knows when to stop. How long he can go depends on what we're doing. He'll hike in the cool woods all day long, play agility for an hour, do obedience or rally for 45 minutes in waves of about 10-15 minutes of go with 2-5 of rest.

Marsh will go until he dies, and I love him for it. He has signs though, he'll drop the ball and lay down when he's tired, but you can't pick it up without him jumping up and trying to fetch the chuckit. I can point at water and tell him to drink and he'll take at least a lap or two. He only likes fresh water though, he won't drink it if he's already drinken (?) from it. He doesn't like backwash. :rofl: