Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Big Dog

Default Good-bye Apollo :(

After many unsuccessful attempts at taming the wild seperation anxiety, the final straw has been drawn. We can't keep him in his cage, because he knows how to open it, and the only thing that DID work was keeping him tied up outside for the alloted time left alone, and now he's started to whine and bark as well, we've been warned with a 1500 dollar fine. I'm selling him for the 120 dollars that we paid for him, yet we are keeping all of his accesories and hopefully in the future when we get our OWN place without the parental unit controlling my every waking move i'll get another dog from the humane society that hopefully lacks this same problem. Breaks my heart to let him go but i can't do it im too unexperienced of a trainer and it's too expensive to spend all this money on things that only work for a few days. We're seling him to someone in the country so that he can bark and whine nad do whatever he wants and there are no noise bi-laws. I will still be returning to the forum, as i appreciate the advice and support you all offer. can't wait to talk to you int he future
Old 11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Felurian

I'm so sorry things didn't work. Stay with us, though. The next time you might want to consider adopting an adult dog. I'm glad you've found him a good home; I know it's hard, but you have tried valiantly.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Big Dog

I actually found a pitbull at the local humane society, her names Ginger, she's a real sweetheart, and if i could save her life it would mean the world. Allow me to post a picture
Old 11-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Big Dog

Old 11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Big Dog

The girl said she's been there for a while becuase everyone is too afraid to adopt her. And im willing to do my research, and learn more about the breed and talk to owners of Pit's on here to find more and save her life.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Felurian

She's a beautiful dog. You need to find out everything you can about her first. Please, please, bear in mind that Pits get enough bad press, though, when things happen because their owners can't or won't handle them properly.

A Pit, or any other large, dominant dog for that matter, is a completely different experience. I'll be honest; I was ready to jump in and tell you that this was probably way more than you can handle after all the problems with Apollo, but Ginger's photo is a heartbreaker, so I completely understand why you are so drawn to her.

Please, please, please, though, do not make this decision lightly. How does your Mom feel about it? If she's against it and will not accept the dog, you've got huge problems. Pits want to be loved - by everyone in the family. And the stakes are much higher with a large dog. Pits are also dogs that want to spend lots of time with you.

Why is everyone afraid to adopt Ginger? Does she have a history, or is it just because she's a Pit? Does she get along with smaller dogs? You've got to consider Athena's welfare, too.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Are you dead yet?

I'm so sorry it came to this.. At least Apollo has a good home.

Ginger is beautiful, let us know what you find out about her.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:51 AM

Sorry to hear about Apollo, but happy he has a new home. Ginger is sure a beauty!!! I'm loving that sweet face. Let us know what you find out regarding the history.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:15 AM
We are Home.

pits are the best family dog you can have i have grown up with them and never have they turned or anything they are accuseed of doing and one of mine got taken and put in the pit by the person who stole him and when we got him back he was still the biggest baby ion the world. GORGEUS DOG by the way and if you have livejournal there is a community called petbulls and we can give you our stories.

breeze
Old 11-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Love my pets

I'm so sorry to hear about Apollo. Know in you heart that you will find him a good, loving family to be with who can take care of him. Take your time finding the right dog for you home.