Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Are you dead yet?

Sorry, not trying to scold, but it's looking like you are not going to be able to purchase a puppy from a reputable breeder (Many of them have fairly long waiting lists, getting a pup by December would be rather unlikely.) and I hate to see irresponsible breeders being supported because somebody wants a puppy "Now and as young as possible".

I don't think I'm going to be able to be of much help in this thread, sorry for even replying.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Active Pup

Default Let me make this clear people..

I DONT WANT A PUPPY BEFORE ITS APPROPRIATE TIME what i mean by LEGALLY is that it will be fine to go without its mother and i wont have any problems, i know my g/f will take car of this dog, she has had one before when she was younger, all i have doenhere is ask for someone to sell me a dog, so far all that has been done is me getting told off about the age of the dog.. i thank those of you who said to contact local breeders..
Old 10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Active Pup

Default Thats ok i can see your concerned

understood, i know you people care alot about dogs and you dont like dodgy breeders, there seems to be a shortage of maltese pups nowadays i cant find them anywhere..
Old 10-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Your not getting told off,we are trying to teach you something. You are still saying as young as legally possible and most places thats as soon as some horrible breeder will hand it over,maybe even five weeks(and some breeders will insist five weeks is fine). I don;t think they ae a common dog so why not set up a day with a breeder in your area for christmas and go for a visit to meet the parents and what not. Then it won;t be rushed and you'll hopefully get a great dog. They usually have a list of people who want pups so the waits can get long.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 10-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Active Pup

Default ok thank you for your help

thank you that was all i was after hahaha..
i will let you know how i go.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:01 PM
It wasn't me

Exclamation

Hey take a look at the thread I posted not too long ago, my mom also wants a maltese. There are links to rescue groups mainly for the east coast adn also the main page. If you tell us where you are located we might can find a recue group near you. Maybe you can find one early, and have an early Christmas present.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12128

John's website, http://www.colorcrayon.com

change is the only constant in work and life
Old 10-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Playful Husky Pup

BTW my sister recently lost her Maltese Baby Doll she was a great dog.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 10-23-2005, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer*Mom
Hey take a look at the thread I posted not too long ago, my mom also wants a maltese. There are links to rescue groups mainly for the east coast adn also the main page. If you tell us where you are located we might can find a recue group near you. Maybe you can find one early, and have an early Christmas present.
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12128
He's in Australia

Good luck finding your pup, I suggest doing a search about maltese clubs in your area also and contact them so they can recommend you some breeders. Just stay away from breeders who want to sell the pups before 8 weeks, like everyone told you, after that it's just fine in my opinion.

Keep us posted
Old 10-24-2005, 04:04 AM
Taco Dog

Good luck on your hunt! We aren't here to to scold anyone. Just want to educate and share our knowledge on certain subjects. We can get a little edgy sometimes, but don't take it personally. We are just trying to help.
Maltese are beautiful dogs. Never been around one to find out what their temperament is like, but when properly cared for, their coats are gorgeous.
And by the way, my Roxy Mae was a Christmas present. But, I guess it helped that I constantly hinted at getting a small dog and then began hinting at getting a Chihuahua. I got my way, and here we are nearly a year later! My little Christmas angel.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Pres. Of Gutter Club.....

Ok wellyou could probly find a pupy and if you pay enoug get it when it was a couple of days oldDono do this thoug that is being irresponsible go with a "normal size maltese and make sure you ghet to see at leats both of its parents (helps w/ knowing what the pups temperment might be) my idea is if you do get it for her for Christams insteadof giving her the pupy get her athe stuff she needs to take care of the pupy then TAKE HER WITH TO THE BREEDER so you guys can get a puppy w/ a temperment to suite the both of you (if it is a good breeder it should help you find a pupy that persanality will fit yours ex. you like to play and go on walks a more active pupy if you are a couch potatoe a calmer puppy) Dont yake a pupy under 8 weeks peferably 12 make shure it has its first shots and is wormed when you get him/her and has a health certificate when you get very young pupies they arnt verry well socialized and can have more issues the longer it stays w/ its mom the hapier the puppy also fter you get the puppy take it to the vet within 48 hours after geting the puppy (my best idea is to go to a shelter and get a pupy then you are saving a life they are already fixed and MOSt are healthier and they are up to date on shots (please make sure you have everything you need for the pupy before you bring it home so you arnt scrambling at the last moment and ask whoever you get the puppy from what type of food it was on so that you dont also have to deal w/ a new scared pupy that is also sick to its stomach keep it on that diet for at least a month were it is into its routine then you can gradually change it to the food of its choice. In th elong run you willl have a hapier puppy.(im not trying to badger just inform ) im talking from personal experiance.