Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Are you dead yet?

I just fell in love with Rowan.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm All Ears

To live with Mia, you have to be able to take looks like this one:

noeyes3 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

That is her, "I'm super pissed off and you disgust me" face.

I wish I could get a picture of her super annoyed face. It's hilarious and you can tell it is taking all her strength to keep from letting you know just how stupid and obnoxious she thinks you are.

ETA: This is about the best picture describing Mia:

jump by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr
Old 05-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

Jude is a thinker. He likes to know what's going on in the world, he is a control freak, he likes to monitor, assess, analyze. With that said, he's not a one track mind at all like some border collies. He is a control freak- but not about one little thing- but more so about the world around him. Unlike Jonah, he's very sensitive to things. He doesn't like you touching him weird with your foot or fidgeting when he's trying to sleep. He gets along well with other dogs- but would rather observe and greet them rather than play with them for a long time. He loves people and is an insane kisser- he never met a person he didn't love. He works very hard to understand our human language and has a strong desire to please usually. He can be sulky though and deliberately ignore me. He LOVES toys, frisbee, and water. Jude loves people in the sense he wants to understand you- know why you're yelling, why you're crying, why you're laughing. Jonah loves people- but not in an overly deep way. He just likes them!

Jonah is a doer. He doesn't think too much. Jude might think, "ooo- I see a bird! Is that the same bird who was here yesterday!? Where is he going!?" Jonah seems a lot more like he thinks, "BIIIIIIIRD!!!!" It could partly be baby like thinking- but he is so simplistic in his thinking. He is food obsessed, happy go lucky, and is just happy to be on this earth it seems- hah! Jonah loves bones but not toys, swimming but not the hose. When he greets people he does little growls out of excitement and sometimes bites hair. He doesn't have a strong desire to figure out the world- just sits around and smiles most of the time. I will say Jonah is extremely good at learning tricks, almost quicker than Jude, but overall doesn't seem as smart. I guess that's wrong. He's just not as thoughtful or deep. He likes to hang around humans at dog parks and has the overall same style as Jude- greeting dogs but not getting too immeshed. I think it might be a breed thing

Erin Bell
Milford, Ct

mom of Jude Nathaniel, Jonah Samuel, and puppy in the sky- Francis Gabriel
expecting baby girl from Ethiopia in 2015!
my site
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'm going to have to break this into a couple of different posts, since I don't think I can answer for all 5 at once!

Emma

20110416-DSC_1969 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Emma is a little over a year old. When we went to her breeder's house to meet her (she was 5 months old and was held back to be shown), her breeder brought her over to us and she did this hyper barky dance... I knew she would be a great puppy from that moment. lol.

Emma is the smallest of our dogs, and has the most spunk. She is seriously the most adorable creature ever. She spends most of her time with Rory and Tucker, and is constantly getting everyone to play with her.

20110206-DSC_0525 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

That's a typical Emma face from having her sleep disturbed.

Emma is definitely my <3 dog. After a major head injury last year, I thought we would lose her. She means so much to me and just makes me so happy. She sleeps on my pillow every single night. I'd like to do agility with her because I think she'd be a very good sports dog. She is quite drivey and a quick learner.

20110430-DSC_2046 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep

Last edited by ~Jessie~; 05-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Rylie

20110416-DSC_1959 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Rylie is 5 1/2 years old and probably our "best" dog. Out of all 5 of the dogs, she's in charge and no one messes with her. She's very easy going, gets along with the other dogs, but generally only shares "her" space with Chloe.

She's very, very affectionate. She would sit on your lap all day if you'd let her, and she loves giving kisses.

Her favorite things to do are lay outside in the sun, burrow into blankets, eat, and sleep. lol.

Rylie, Caught Burrowed by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

She is also pretty good at posing for pictures. lol.

Helmet Rylie by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Tucker

Eating Snow by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Tucker is two years old and a fluffball. He's very easy going and I don't think he's afraid of anything. He likes to swim, fetch, hike, play in the snow, cuddle, be brushed, etc, etc. He's also our only dog that doesn't like veggies or most fruit (except for blueberries).

20110213_0049 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I probably have the most fun with Tucker. He's very motivated and loves to listen to me, and he's just a very good dog. He's very solid in public... doesn't bark, isn't scared, always happy even at the vets, etc. He's not a fan of small children unless they are patient with him (he is your pal after he spends a couple of minutes with you) and it's frustrating how he is a kid magnet. I think it's the fluff.

He is a toy hoarder and has to sleep with his favorites every night. They include a purple platypus, 3-5 platypus "eggs" (see picture below), and a snowman. He is constantly toting around his hoard.

Tucker and the Egg by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Big Dog

Mason

This dog here is my other soulmate.

Mason has a whole different attitude compared to our other dog. I know our other dog loves us a lot, but unlike her Mason shows it all the time. He is right there between your legs at the knee looking up at you wanting to just smother you to death. He tries so hard to jump in your lap all the time. Anyone and I mean anyone, he cannot get enough of you, he loves people, kids, and is a tad bit nervous around the smaller animals compared to our other dog.

A bird dog at heart, he loves chasing everything and anything. He loves to play with toys more often than our other dog. He enjoys swimming a little bit, he is new at this and is taking it a step further everytime.

He is a lard but and very heavy like dead weight. He was chubby, but now he is getting a better build on him.

He enjoys walks, loves hiking, and is not to fond of car rides, he likes to just lay there.

He is your best friend and everyone in your family and your friends would want this dog after meeting him.

He is misty soulmate for life as well. Mason is just an all round good dog, could use to pay attention more and get some more training into him. But he is still young and only a year old. Lots of room to improve.

I love this little terd and he is just the dwerpest dwert you ever did dwerp.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Rory

Throw My Ball! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Rory is two years old and a typical border monster.

TAKE ME OUTSIDE! by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

This picture pretty much describes a bored Rory. If Rory isn't able to expell his energy, he can be a big brat. When he does get a lot of activity and stimulation, he's a little bit less of a brat. lol.

Rory is very, very smart and able to quickly learn commands. He loves sheep, balls, and playing frisbee. He normally loves everyone he meets, especially kids.

Snow Play by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Chloe

20110416-DSC_1965 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Chloe is 5 years old, and the sweetest dog you will ever meet. She is everyones best friend, loves life, and is especially attached to Rylie. She always cleans Rylie's face and snuggles with her.

20110416-DSC_1962 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Chloe's favorite thing to do is lay out in the sun. She would stay outside all day if you let her.

She can be neurotic and submissive, but overall she is a very solid and easy dog to live with. She's very, very trustworthy and just a really good girl.

20110315-DSC_1669 by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Resident fainting goat

These always make me cry!! lol more! BUMP!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.