Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Big Dog

Lex,
You made a good point, several actually but one in particular :-) Huskies are known to be escape artists. I would seriously consider leaving one (or a mix of one) out for any length of time without direct supervision...

Old 10-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Fair enough, but I think the way that people tend to answer things on this forum are often pretty unneccessarily blunt. Just because this dog will be outside, does not mean it's quality of life will be anyway less.

By posting on this forum, I CAN assume that the person in question is JUST as concerned over the dogs quality of life and will not do anything detrimental to it's well being. Otherwise why ask advice??

If you don't agree with it, fine, but don't make someone feel bad for their choice in how they want to do something. Noone will learn anything that way.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Fair enough, but I think the way that people tend to answer things on this forum are often pretty unneccessarily blunt.
You should see how blunt people are on some other forums I think we all contained ourselves pretty good.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Maybe it is the way she wants to do things, and would probably appreciate an answer relating to her question rather than a barrage of negativity!!!
Quote:
However, I am worried because my friend said she will act out. Any advice? I would love to hear from anyone.
Dizzy, did you read the post??????

These are opinions here, not negativity. These are answers to her questions. The link posted has answers to her questions. Will the dog become aggressive? Very possibly. This is advice and that is what the poster is asking for. No one has broken any forum rules or been rude or attacking, just giving their opinions. It is the opinion of many here, including the United States Humane Society that a dog should be living inside as part of the family.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

I have to agree with everyone in regards to the dog being an "outside" dog... What is the sense and how is it fair that you would keep 2 of your dogs inside and make one stay outside. Also, obviously the person knows it isn't the right thing to do or they wouldn't be asking the questions.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Felurian

German Shepherds are a breed that particularly wants and needs to be with their people - inside and out. And yes, the dog would very likely develop some behavioural quirks if left outside when the others are inside.

German Shepherds really do make very good household companions. I've had one with me inside for years and years. They're actually much less trouble indoors than many smaller dogs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian