Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Show Dog

Talking What time do your dogs go to bed?

We have a little issue at home, and it's about Blondie's bedtime. Like a little kid, we used to send him to bed at 8, but nobody at home goes to bed THAT early. So we decided to let him wander around the house until it is at least my bedtime, which is around 10 or 10:30. So he usually stays with my father watching TV (that's a lie, they're usually both sound asleep) until I come, wake him up and try to take him to his bedroom around 10. The problem is, when he wakes up, if I try to fetch him or his blanket, he growls and even tries to bite me We know it's possible that, after he's put in his bedroom, he isn't exactly sleeping from the noises we make (my mom goes to bed after 11), but then he's up before 6 AM when we get up. What do you people do with your dogs and their bedtime?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Felurian

Ours lay around with us until we're ready to crash. The girls are usually sprawled out snoring on the sofa, and Bimmer is laying where he can keep an eye on us. Bimmer typically stays right with me until I ask him if he's ready for bed, then he jumps up and runs in the bedroom and claims his spot on the floor at the foot of the bed. Kharma will follow him in there and try to roust him out. Shiva stays on the sofa and stretches out for the night.

I guess my answer to your question is, whenever we decide to go to bed.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Top Dog

My dogs sleep alot..period..whenever I sit down on the couch, they'll both jump up and start napping (does anyone else have this problem lol)...yeah my dogs are really lazy and big sleepyheads...but at bedtime (I go to bed usually around 12 or 1am..yeah I'm a night owl...and I don't get alot of sleep)...so when I go to bed, both my dogs have their own beds and I cover them up with a blanket and they just go to sleep...that's it..

My Chihuahua is the same way though..he's a jerk..he sleeps in my mother's room and when I try to touch him he'll freak out and try to eat me...my pit bull..she doesn't care what you do to her...you can even drag her out of the bed and she'll still be wagging her tail..
Old 10-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Are you dead yet?

Sleep? Dakota and Ripley don't sleep voluntarily. And Buster sleeps enough to make up for the hours that Dakota and Ripley are awake. He usually is ready for bed at about 9PM, and he will come and grumble at us if the door to his bedroom is closed.
Dakota usually goes in his crate by 8PM, so I can watch TV or use the computer in peace for several hours before I go to bed. Ripley just hangs out with me and hunts moths until I grab him (It's like dragging a kid out of an amusement park.. He complains and squirms the entire time) and put him in my room with me.

Pitbulliest, NO I don't have that "problem" of them napping on the couch. I wish they did... My demolition crew would rather eat the couch.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 AM
Puppy Dog

Talking

Our dog Bruno will usually go to bed when my dad is ready to go to bed which is usually about 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm. He can be a pain when sleeping with my mom and dad because he just plops on the bed, and rolls around in bed alot and also he usually likes sleeping underneath the covers when he is cold. He sometimes will sleep in my bed and he usually is either on his back with his legs spread out which is very cute to watch.

Rudy D.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:40 AM

Addie is always ready to go to 'bed' at 8....which means she just wants to get back outside by then. If she sleeps much, that's another question..but at least she isn't a barker. Hammie can be zonked on the bed by 7...snoring so darn loud you have to turn tv up. We then turn off the lights around 10....he's still snoring and you have to fight to get a place if he's still on the bed, which he now prefers to the floor since it's colder. He is like road kill.....big dead weight that you just try and scoot around without much success. But..come around 11:30 (soon as I'm sleeping nice and sound) he decides he has to go out. Doesn't matter if I try to roust him up at 9 or 10 to go out one last time...still wants out at 11:30. Amazingly, he will then come back in and crash out til morning. I get up at 4 A.M.....take him out...then while the coffee is on, he's back upstairs snoring away. He likes to sleep in til around 10 A.M.!! What a laze. (course when he is up....he has all that crazy energy going!) I figure when winter sets in......that boy is gonna NEVER want to get out of bed! Addie will be out playing in the snow and he'll be looking out the window...thinking she must be nuts.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

Brady goes around 9:30 or 10:00 when we go upstairs. He goes right into his crate and makes himself comfortable.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Big Dog

Cidney and Scooter wait until I go to bed but sometimes on a rare occassion if I stay up late on a Friday or Satruday, Cidney will start whinning and yepping at me to try to get me to go to bed because he is ready! No way will they go to bed without me.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:27 PM
aka RedHotBabe

You mean dogs are supposed to be awake for some part of the day? Jeez, you'd never know it with the big brown boulder I like to call my dog. But then again, he doesn't sleep all day, he's just conserving energy. Only I wish he wouldn't use that energy for loud, thunderous barks in the middle of the night.

To answer your question, Duke's bedtime is all the time. If there were ever a contest for laziest dog, he'd win hands down. And if there were a contest for the craziest hyped up dog, he'd turn right around and win that too. He may sleep all the time, but he's gotta use that energy sometime.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Show Dog

Thank you everybody for your bedtime stories! I know Blondie's still a puppy, so no, he won't be sleeping on couches or beds, he'd rip them off and want to play until dawn. But he always wants to stay with my Dad or us if we're watching TV, even if he's just sleeping on his blanket. The problem is, if he's sleeping and we wake him, he'd freak out too, like pitbulliest says. Would it be just because he's nervous or another reason?