Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Another Tidus problem (wet feet)

Hey guys whenever I try to let Tidus out in the morning to go potty, he doesnt like to go in the grass cuase its wet from the mildew, does any one elses dog have this problem?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Staffie Mad

I take it you mean "dew" not mildew (thats a fungus, like mold)

My back yard is all concrete, no grass so i dont have that problem, and shadow loves the rain, and water, she rolls around in damp grass when we take her out for a walk. im convinced shes part duck.

Sorry I couldnt have been more help. Im sure a lot of dogs are like that.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:18 AM
Sit! Good dog.

No gem of info to tell you here, just wanted to say - How cute is your puppy??!!

My Bodhi doesn't seem bothered at all by rain/wet, but then, being an english dog, she is used to it already!!

She is more concerned about trying to eat the roots that have been dug up in our backyard at the moment than going to the loo or whether it is raining. That and trying to play with the cats...!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-19-2005, 07:07 PM
orbit's mom

I feel for you. The last string of rain we had was 8 days long. (not kidding) I live in the Northeast. I literallyhad to carry the pup out under and umbrella and stand over him while he did his business. It was quite miserable. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that he doesn't mind a bath however. I don't know what to say to help you. maybe just let him go on the drive way?

Old 10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
Rusty but Trusty

my pitbull mix was the same way didn't like rain, or snow. The best thing to do is either walk or carry him out there and make him go in the wet grass anyway. Well, ok, maybe not the best thing but I did it with Mack and he survived and eventually got over his wet feet phobia.