Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Hasn't this lady posted here before and was trying to get in an argument with Mordy about how FRR is a better food than Innova/EVO?

Sounds to me like she's trying to breed before her b*tch is receptive.
Sure does sound that way to me, too. I have seen bitches in season that are ready to accept a male -- no way would they need to be forced like that. I can see in some cases where it would help to gently hold her still but to completely immobilize her??
Old 10-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Playful Husky Pup

I would never do that like grammy said when a bitch is ready she practically throws her rear at the male. If a bitch is nervouse or does not want to be bred I do not press the subject and seperate them and try again later. This is in my eyes cruel and odd but is common.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Top Dog

that seems... kinda... yeah... that's kinda wierd in my opinion, I don't really think they need that much help to through the motion. This is the first time I've heard of force breeding.... wierd
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 PM
rottiegirl

OK, this lady says shes a Imperial Shih Tzu breeder, but there is no such thing as "imperial". She sounds like a fad breeder to me.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Well , at least I guess I'm not all wet. I've never had a female that wasn't " ready" at the time. Yes, there were many times when they tease and circle, but on male's approaching ,sit down. When they're ready they're ready. I had one b*tch in for breeding about the 10th day and didn't until the 19th !
Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Dog Show Addict

I agree with everyone on this one..
You should never had to restraint a female the way this person described for breeding unless of course she was aggresive, in which case - why the hell would you breed her!!

When we bred the Shelties, we only had to help the male the first few times, and then he thought he was a "pro". and NEVER had we had to restrain the female.. as Grams said... they are ready and show it.
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Top Dog

Summer...LOL!!! Isn't it a riot when your male does his 1st !! He just stays there and says... Oh oh , now what in h*ll do I do !? Once you show him the leg over bit , he looks at you and says...gee, why didn't I think of that. I also agree with the female aggression bit. But, as I said, I've only bred goldens and they and shelties are of the same temperment. I had a lot of people who lost their shelties who switched to goldens and the reverse as they thought they could never replace their lost baby.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Dog Show Addict

Quote:
Isn't it a riot when your male does his 1st !! He just stays there and says... Oh oh , now what in h*ll do I do !?
LMAO omg I know eh!! haha We had one male, who thought that getting on her from the side was how ya did it lmao!! poor boy lol Soo mixed up with all the fur he had to deal with hahaha

We are more then likely actually getting a Golden puppy in the beginning of next year(omg, 4 dogs!). A friend of ours has this just amazingly well put together Golden, i'll have to post a picture of him for you. his name is "Quest". Shes going for his CH title, hes in Obedience, is training in agility and does tracking work! Such a smart boy too.. complete ball obsession though! haha
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Show Dog

So this isn't normal then? I posted this because as I was reading it, it started to make me feel sick. Surely this is just rape?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Twin 2.0

I talked to a co-worker of mine who used to breed champion Yorkies and she said the only holding she did was to make sure the female didn't try to take off suddenly and break the male. There was no sweating or holding open of anything involved. So I stick by my original answer of "she's breeding before the female is ready."