Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Island dweller

I think it depends on the breed in some cases. Scarlette, as we all know, breeds huskies but she breeds them for work, temperment, health... and doesn't believe in the breed standards because they are meant for 'show quality' dogs which sometimes means little more than looking pretty.

Having spoken for her I better get her attention on this thread incase I'm wrong.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Twin 2.0

But the standard had to start somewhere didn't it? I know that racing dogs come in all sorts of colors and patterns that would never make it in the show ring, and they are usually lankier (though that could just be the racing), but the general idea for the Husky show dog had to come from the original working stock, right?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Top Dog

Again, I rescued at least 4 huskies (pure) from the humane society.... there is a lot you out there (breeders). They are so great and beautiful...but just for the moment.... do we need more? This is an actul question. We have GREAT breeders, then other breeders, Husky res. org., humane societies, ASPCA's, and others. IF the breed starts to deplete, then maybe we need more so we don't extinct the breed. But for now and others, there are others in such a great need... after all, the most I heard is that there is no money to be made. So, why don't we all sit back, get the other dogs homes, and when necessary, breed your dog again.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:28 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalbiz
Again, I rescued at least 4 huskies (pure) from the humane society.... there is a lot you out there (breeders). They are so great and beautiful...but just for the moment.... do we need more? This is an actul question. We have GREAT breeders, then other breeders, Husky res. org., humane societies, ASPCA's, and others. IF the breed starts to deplete, then maybe we need more so we don't extinct the breed. But for now and others, there are others in such a great need... after all, the most I heard is that there is no money to be made. So, why don't we all sit back, get the other dogs homes, and when necessary, breed your dog again.
This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Why don't you keep the anti-breeding preaching to your own thread?
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Playful Husky Pup

I stick to the standard of working dogs. My sibes may not (actually I know they won't) fit CKC or AKC standards at all because I am not breeding for those qualities some of those qualities yes but not all of them. I am sticking to speed, strength, and smarts not so worried about how perfect their proportions are though.

With my Chinooks there is no set standard hence some with upright and some with flop ears. Some are bigger then others and bulkier then others this is not because I try for it you just end up with a mixed litter really. So all doors are open with that breed of dog it is still mainly veiwed as a working breed. That is why I hope they are never recognized by the CKC or AKC it is the sort of breed that would'nt do well with standards. Chinooks are known to be difficult and sometimes viciouse (if not socialized right they can have major problems with other dogs) their just not born to be judged in a ring.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Playful Husky Pup

Quote:
Please don't judge me you don't even know me or how I breed.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Top Dog

sorry RD....
Thought it was a free forum.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Playful Husky Pup

Quote:
sorry RD....
still you need to stay on topic and not go off on your own rant which is pointless.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
sorry RD....
Oh, yes, I forgot. You're free to be rude by making completely off-topic posts that you -know- will offend the responsible breeders who bust their butts to make their breed the best it can possibly be. (In a thread that you did not create, at that!)

Since it's a free forum as you say, I have the right to "suggest" that you stop pushing your agenda randomly in threads that are referring to an entirely different topic. We -all- know you are involved in rescue. Guess what? I am, too. But I am open-minded enough to realize that responsible breeders are NOT the reason that people are having to rescue so many dogs.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:44 PM
But please, call me Barb

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
...*Snip*... I am breedign for working dogs so I am looking for dogs who can reliably work, otherwise it is not a good choice to breed with and should be spayed or neutered.
You're breeding now?