Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

My big couch has a big blanket draped over it and a towel draped over the arm of "Brady's" side. He likes to bring his bones and stuffed toys up on the couch and he has a lot of slobbery drool when he is chewing, so I make sure it is covered and then I just wash the towel and the blanket. The only thing he does to my couch is that he tries to perch on the back of it like my cat does to look out the window. The only thing is my cat is only about 15 pounds compared to his 70 pounds squishing my back couch cushions. I have to keep the blinds closed now and make him look out a different window so that he won't squish my couch. I have a pic of him looking out the window in my pics under my member gallery if you want to see what I mean.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Love my pets

Did Charley find out the furniture manufacturer? I too had the arm of my sofa eaten up. Bitter apple seemed to help but also stained the fabric. I thing the denim would be a great idea.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Felurian

The manufacturer is Corinthian. I'll try to find the model number for you, but the manufacturer's name should enable a local store to find it for you. I've seen another set by another manufacturer, but it was smaller and not as well put together. I'm not sure, but it may also be available in khaki. If it is, you could probably order an extra set of covers in the khaki so you could change the look when you wanted. Our customers usually order an extra set of covers. The chair and a half with the ottoman is the MOST comfy thing to flop down in! And the sofa's perfect for laying on.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Terrier Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
The manufacturer is Corinthian. I'll try to find the model number for you, but the manufacturer's name should enable a local store to find it for you.
Yikes! I did a search for Corinthian furniture in Oregon on Google... and got everything under the sun! It is sure hard to tell who actually carries it, and who is just using it as a keyword to "get you" to visit! I did see the JC Penney furniture stores (one place local to us) come up but when I did a search on their web site for "Corinthian" I got a comforter set!

Will just have to go out and visit some of the furniture stores and see what I can find out about this brand. Of course... now that it is November and Christmas will be here before I know it... Hmmmm... I have a feeling new furniture is going to have to move to the BOTTOM of my list for now!

Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Love my pets

I found the Corinthian furniture at this web site: www.afwonline.com/ic294frm.asp

Once on the web page, click on living room and then under manufacturer, click on Corinthian. I'm in the process of looking at it right now.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Love my pets

Sorry, when you get to the above web page, click on product search, and then click under manufacturer for Corinthian.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Felurian

I looked at the site, but didn't find the set in the catalog. Strangely enough, the suite on the title page of the living room furniture looks like the right set, but it's not featured in the catalog. I'll see if I can find a website for the manufacturer. Not all of them have websites, and they can be difficult to find, but when they do have a website, it usually has a protocol that lets you find a local dealer. I'll also check on the price so you have an idea of what to expect - and what not to pay!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Love my pets

I found the Corinthian 91" denim slip cover sofa on www.miskellys.com but their furniture store is located in Jackson, MS. I live in Connecticut. I just realized you live in White Pine, TN, we got our Max from a breeder in Limestone, TN. Sounds like TN is a beautiful place to live!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Felurian

It is; I don't know that I wouldn't try to leave if I had kids - the schools are really awful; the teachers are grossly underpaid, and I really wouldn't want my kids raised with some of the prejudice I see here, and the economic divisions are, well, divisive. But, if you're just doing your own thing and aren't terribly influenced by others it's a pretty good place. We're at the foot of the Smokies, so it is incredibly beautiful, although it can't compare to the Sierras, the Pacific beaches and the Redwood forests I grew up near. One big factor, though - the cost of living is definitely decent and . . . no state income tax!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah, the cost of living is definently great. My husband is from up north (Mass.)and I would never have known if he didn't point it out so much. I can't believe the difference. I live near Brentwood and Nashville, and you should see some of the houses around here. Maybe people are retiring and moving here because you can get more bang for your buck.