Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-18-2005, 09:44 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
I knew that; at least conformation wise, and that much of the "hardness" has been bred out for Am. show rings. Which is why I'm looking at German line Rotties for my next dog. They just come across as a bit more solid.

So, does most of Europe think Americans all have wussy dogs then? Just out of curiosity.

Well, its not like its not true...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Naturally Natural

someone who works KNPV mals is never going to be happy with a dobe it has nothing to do with a dog being unable to protect - and schutzhund is like playing with your stuffed animals if you are looking at KNPV work. not being the best at a job, does not make a dog the worst.

at that level, it has nothing to do with US v. euro -- KNPV takes things to a level that most dogs, PERIOD - cant handle (forget what breed).
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Twin 2.0

KNPV?

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:59 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
I'm wondering where the normal brain comment came from myself. Maybe it's because he's European and they train differently? I really don't know, I know very little about Dobes and next to nothing about Schutzhund except what I see on the Discovery Channel.

Schutzhund is nothing more then a sport. It is not protection training and it is not police training. It is a sport, a dog trained to chase a big shew toy and hold on to it. It is mearly a sport nothing more. Yes the dogs are awesome in what they can do not belittleing that but it is only a sport. To protection train is something totally different. Dobes were originaly bred to protect their master but with the byb's and the down right bad breeders the temperment of the dobes has changed significantly. I think that is where the normal brains comment came from. With such poor breeding practices, it is hard to find normal brained dobes. That does not mean that all dobes are bad either. I know Lisa speaks the truth about her male dobe, it is a working police dog and it has a normal brain. WHy she was a responsible breeder not a byb.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:11 PM
GSDGurl

Yup he came from amazing bloodlines though.Some people have only dealt with their breed of choice though.I see many GSDs,Dobes,Rotties,Mals and Dutch Shepherds that are wonderful Police dogs.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Naturally Natural

what lines was he from and what lines did you breed? what was your kennel name? just curious to know if ive heard of you
Old 10-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Whitedobelover

a brain is a brain it doesnt change from america to europe no matter how you do it. lol unless we go in and start cutting parts of the brains out.... so please elaborate how a brain could change here let me ask kim she is in vet school can a dogs brain change or no....... i seriously doubt it... but you would know before anyone.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Whitedobelover

so as i wanted your opinion on this kim so as you can set this straight because i knew you and german and I have all had dobermans most of our lives if im not mistaken... then how can one person say this.. lol he trains GSDs but I have a lady here in Everett who has trained only GSDs also and thinks dobermans are great at Schutzhund... and she is looking forward to Prince being apart of her class... and she wants to work personally with him because he is a doberman and she loves working with them and has said they are easier to her to work with than GSDs... but that was her opinion
Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedobelover
a brain is a brain it doesnt change from america to europe no matter how you do it. lol unless we go in and start cutting parts of the brains out.... so please elaborate how a brain could change here let me ask kim she is in vet school can a dogs brain change or no....... i seriously doubt it... but you would know before anyone.
Im going out on a limb here......

If you breed any animal humans included in a really inapropriate manner, incest, BYB you are going to wind up with mental defficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 10-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue
Im going out on a limb here......

If you breed any animal humans included in a really inapropriate manner, incest, BYB you are going to wind up with mental defficiencies.
You beat me to it.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!