Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Default Chinese Animal Activists Save Dogs from Slaughterhouse

And good for them:

Nothing To Do With Arbroath: Activists save Chinese dogs from cooking pot

I can't say I really object to eating dog . . . or more correctly I can't come up with a reason why I should other than the fact I like dogs. But those faces!

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Top Dog

It's not so much people eating dogs or cats that I have an issue with. It's the fact that they torture the animals beyond reason before finally killing them that bothers me. American slaughter houses may not be the most graceful or dignified ways for animals to die. But I think dying quickly in an assembly line factory is far better then being hung upside down in a tree and beaten senseless with a bat for hours to "tenderize" you while your still very much alive.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
It's not so much people eating dogs or cats that I have an issue with. It's the fact that they torture the animals beyond reason before finally killing them that bothers me. American slaughter houses may not be the most graceful or dignified ways for animals to die. But I think dying quickly in an assembly line factory is far better then being hung upside down in a tree and beaten senseless with a bat for hours to "tenderize" you while your still very much alive.
That's my real problem with it too. They like to cook cats alive. <shiver> So I'm very glad they were saved from a cruel death . . . but I have to admit I'm glad they were saved period . . . those eyes. And they look a little like my dog.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

I think the more that dogs are integrated into being family members in a culture, the less comfortable consuming them gets to be. Dogs are becoming so popular as pets in China that the government is instituting a "one-dog" policy. We'll see how that goes.

Shanghai's One-Dog Policy More Bark Than Bite -- China Real Time Report - China Real Time Report - WSJ

Last edited by LittleBigDog; 05-18-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigDog View Post
I think the more that dogs are integrated into being family members in a culture, the less comfortable consuming them gets to be. Dogs are becoming so popular as pets in China that the government is instituting a "one-dog" policy. We'll see how that goes.

Shanghai's One-Dog Policy More Bark Than Bite -- China Real Time Report - China Real Time Report - WSJ
It will result in lots of dead dogs. But then, many of China's policy's result in dead animals. Dead people on occasion too.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:42 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Its paticularly sad that some of those dogs were beloved pets, who were (presumably) stolen.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
in most cases the "undercover" videos of asians torturing dogs & cats prior to eating them were faked. that is american activists PAID those people a year or more salary to torture the animals.
a very nice lady i know (a behaviorist that has been a professional witness in several dangerous dog cases in VA) left the AR movement because of their torturing animals (or paying other people to) to make faked videos.
contrary to american racist stereotypes, asians know full well that the best quality meat comes from a quick humane kill.